Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720274 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14370 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:36 pm »
Pappy, I can almost taste my morning coffee and a Pappy Burger coming out that new window :o ;D Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14371 on: January 24, 2017, 04:38:31 am »
Patrick you might start with a visit. ;) :) Ya Bob I think it will be nice when finished and maybe make our life a little easier with the new set up and of course more room, they got all the forms up yesterday and are pouring the concrete this morning, it took longer to do the forming than they thought and lots of digging to level the pad up so to say we have quite a mess around there right now would be an under statement, :o  I hate messes and will be glad to get it all finished up and things looking neat again. ;)
Warmer and no rain for the next couple of days so that should help a lot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14372 on: January 24, 2017, 07:03:36 am »
Looks like real good progress on building projects Pappy. It seems like it always takes longer to get ready for cement than expected. I can't ever remember pouring cement that we weren't still running around when the cement trucks arrived. I can't imagine where your gonna come up with enough horns to keep you busy when you retire. If I run across any I'll be sure to send them your way.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14373 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:57 am »
Well the truck is there and they are pouring as I type, hope they get it all poured today so we can start the clean up  and moving forward with this by the end of the week and weekend. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #14374 on: January 24, 2017, 10:19:10 am »
Pappy:  Looking at this big truck it makes me wonder if you have any idea of how much money you have poured into the farm over the years.  Just letting you know there are lots of us "cling ons" that appreciate the little piece of heaven you have created.  You get my vote for "Man Of The Year" and that is each year!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #14375 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:37 am »
I will definitely do that pappy. I would love to come for a visit.  I have a couple of bison horns.  Maybe instead of one of yours, you could help me make one myself. 
Looks like your kitchen project is coming along pretty good. Can't wait to see it. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Otis

« Reply #14376 on: January 24, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »
Michael sent out a picture earlier of the finished product. It looks good. If I were smart enough to get it off my phone to the computer I would.  You guys are making progress for sure. I'll be down in a little over 2 months and will help finish any electrical stuff you don't get done between now and then.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14377 on: January 24, 2017, 10:00:37 pm »
I'm itching to get around all of that activity. I miss Tenn. I've already put in for a week and a half off but I'll have to see how the cards fall, just like last year I'm on another hole. Hopefully my last, full time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14378 on: January 25, 2017, 04:51:07 am »
Love to help you Patrick. Joe I have no idea but considerable I am sure  :-\ Glad yall appreciate it. :)
Ya we may still need a few things Dave but hope to be mostly done by then, the kitchen HAS to be finished by the 2nd week of March, the target shed and add to the pavilion can come last but needs to be done before the Classic, it is quite a mess right now , we poured 22 yards of concrete yesterday but are ready to start framing the rest of the kitchen. Eddie I hope the hole don't hold you down again this year, hard to do without you 2 years in a row.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14379 on: January 26, 2017, 04:29:42 am »
Got my little pencil air dremel  Joe sent me all hooked up and working yesterday, man that thing is nice. I can tell it is really going to be an asset around the shop. It, as Joe told me will take a little practice  on holding it and pressure you use because it is fast , but I tried it out on an antler and also a piece of old horn and it works like a champ. Thank you so much Joe, I love it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14380 on: January 26, 2017, 09:28:09 am »
Can you post a picture of that tool Pappy? 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14381 on: January 26, 2017, 09:45:01 am »
I will do that Clint Monday, And some of it's beginners [me ] work. I think in a talented hand it could do some amazing work, as for me I just hope to get something decent looking. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14382 on: January 27, 2017, 04:45:01 am »
Friday and big plans for the weekend, I think the rain is supposed to hold off so we should make some head way on the Kitchen. I have a few things going in the shop I would lie to work on but we will just have to see. Bob I made one of the bags you mentioned to hold my horns while I work on them, I filled it with saw dust and I think it is going to work great, I plan on trying it out this evening, hoping to do a map of TN. on a horn I am working on [inspired by Eddie's Florida map horn] Not sure I am ready for that yet but what the heck, can't learn if I don't try.  ??? Hope yall have a good one also . See ya Monday.  Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14383 on: January 27, 2017, 08:33:26 am »
That'll be cool.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #14384 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:59 am »
That will be a challenge.  Looking forward to the results!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight