Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4720334 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14160 on: November 26, 2016, 11:51:29 am »
Saturday (this) morning hunt was slow. Saw a few a 1st light hunting in stand on edge of overgrown old pasture (thick stuff). Sitting there for almost two hours and now got more light, I see a white line about 30 yds out. Sure enough its a deer bedded. Surely, she heard me setup in dark? I watch her in bino's and see she keeps licking upper left leg. Then, I see the broad head wound. About hour later she strugggled to her feet and turned around and gave me a shot.
Big nanny mercy harvest but it had to be done. We get 3/day in Mid Tenn so no worries. Thats how #9 happens.
Life is Good
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14161 on: November 28, 2016, 04:35:17 am »
Glad you are having success Shawn. :) Had a great weekend, good food/family and friends. I spent a lot of it in the woods with no success but the weather was beautiful and had a great time just the same. Also had some good time in the shop and managed to get some stuff in the finishing stages that I have put off for a while. Here are a few pictures of the fun. ;) My girls, ;) Reworking and arrow that had been put in a bad place  :-[ and also got out my new Osage I have been working on to see if I could finely get it finished up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14162 on: November 28, 2016, 04:40:22 am »
Handle wrap and skins on the Osage. I have been refurbishing and old cross bow that Miss Joanie's uncle gave me years ago that he brought back from Vietnam in 67, it had a few issues but I finely have it all back together except for the string and trigger mechanism, very cool to have and pretty primitive looking rig. :) Not planning on shooting it but want it in working condition for display. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14163 on: November 28, 2016, 04:44:04 am »
Skins all glued up and drying. Some of our kids came to visit, Megan and Case. :) Love our kids. :) Case brought me some Osage balls I plan on letting winter and then planting in the early spring. I probably won't get any use out of them but I am  sure someone will someday. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14164 on: November 28, 2016, 04:46:31 am »
Skins about done. Case doing some hand tool wood work. He stayed the night and we had a good time around the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14165 on: November 28, 2016, 04:48:30 am »
Even though none were mine ,  ??? we had some really good deer come through Thanksgiving and the Friday after, always does this time of year. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14166 on: November 28, 2016, 04:51:04 am »
 Stained the grip on my bow with Walnut stain I had made a few years back, still good as ever.  ;)Jon and Brandon showed up, Jon made me a nice sheath for my new knife, thanks Jon.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14167 on: November 28, 2016, 04:55:35 am »
Venison stew in the works for Supper Friday night, you got to feed Jon. ;) :) Jon working on a string for his new Boo Backed bow he has in the works, I think it is a James Parker glue up. :) It shoots very nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14168 on: November 28, 2016, 05:00:03 am »
Putting the final touches on the Osage bow, a little sanding and tip touch up to get ready for sealing. Also got the Nam cross bow ready for the string and Trigger repair. :) I used a really dark antique stain to cover the repairs I had to make, they matched up pretty well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14169 on: November 28, 2016, 05:02:45 am »
Putting the first coats of sealer on the skins and my newest knife project . Hope yall had a great Thanksgiving, lots to be thankful for that is for sure. ;) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14170 on: November 28, 2016, 08:02:27 am »
Sounds like you guys had a real, good Thanksgiving. I haven't hunted since I got back from your place, too hot and skeeters are back. Did catch some catfish Saturday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14171 on: November 28, 2016, 08:42:57 am »
Those black rat snake skins look great Pappy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline HH~

« Reply #14172 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:15 am »
Skins do look great. Have not seen brother Jon in awhile! Lots of good pics.

Wish weather was better today (monday) to hunt that gut and bone pile for Yotes. I have been lucky to get two females thus far. They will start to run and respond well if we ever get some cold weather. Love to get a dog to cut loose when you get them in range! Yote doggin is a hoot.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14173 on: November 29, 2016, 04:42:00 am »
Finely got some good rain, man we needed it for sure. I don't hunt in the rain so  I got the second coat of sealer on the skins yesterday and the final coat on my knife and then just set back and watched Will work on his latest creation, Osage bow with a hole. Nice to just relax sometimes. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #14174 on: November 29, 2016, 05:03:55 am »
Man! When do we sleep? I think I will go back and try to catch a few winks. Have a good one.