Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4722677 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14130 on: November 18, 2016, 07:23:07 am »
There's a change in weather a coming here too of course.This morning will be pleasant but drop at least 30 degrees throughout the day later.I got a blind set up for the colder weather here too.I like hunting them but makes it kinda hard to see exactly where the deer runs after getting hit.....lol.
With any luck maybe a shot at a turkey from the blind too.There's a couple of bunches coming and going here too.In Iowa they allow an any sex tag for them in the fall.
Ohhh btw.Nice bucks shown taken there in Tennessee.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14131 on: November 18, 2016, 08:32:14 am »
Pappy, great idea gathering up all the phones, cold weekend a coming supposed to see our first snow, ya got enough wood cut for all the cold scouts, I know ya do and I bet there going to eat like kings ;D ;D   I guess I better get a few more last minute thinks put up before Mr. White covers everything , :(  have a good one  Pappy.     Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14132 on: November 18, 2016, 09:36:43 am »
Just got this from Jimmy Blackmon [RangerB] Very nice buck killed this morning.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14133 on: November 18, 2016, 09:41:41 am »
Y'all need to ban Jimmy from the woods. He is thinning out the herd quite well. ..as he always does.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14134 on: November 18, 2016, 09:42:23 am »
Now that is a dandy Pappy. Way to go Jimmy and thanks for your you tube videos they helped me a lot. Also thanks for your service
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14135 on: November 18, 2016, 10:43:54 am »
Pappy I'll be up there around 2 or 2:30 depending on when I can get out of the office.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14136 on: November 21, 2016, 04:26:45 am »
Great weekend, we had a good meeting and got the place all ready for winter, had a lot of friends down and also the Scouts. I did get in some hunting time, no deer but lots of action and close encounters and that is what it's all about anyway. I some shop time also along with several. Here are some pictures of the fun. Got my new knife ready to seal, Elk horn scales. :) Turned out pretty good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14137 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:02 am »
Lots of very good deer come through the cooler, We think BigA's and Jimmys will make Pope and Young, no easy feat for a Traditional bow. Also a good friend brought in a very nice 10 point killed with a smoke pole. ;) :) Several doe and smaller bucks brought to the club to skin and process. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14138 on: November 21, 2016, 04:32:38 am »
Bill and Shawn doing some bow work on some Osage and HHB. Woody with some of his new hand made mallets. Sweet Pee just came to hang out, may have been the Boy Scouts. :-\  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14139 on: November 21, 2016, 04:36:07 am »
Sister love the pile of saw dust Woody brought in, the girls love resting in it and we use it as fire starter.
Little John making some Billows for the Scouts getting ready to show them how to burn out a wood bowl. ;) These boy really are interested and catch on quick. ;) :) Thanks Little John. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14140 on: November 21, 2016, 04:40:02 am »
My neighbor brought back from Israel some persimmon trees and planted, I got to have some of these on my place, he is suppose to bring me some he has potted. Huge and good to eat to boot. The Boy Scouts get all set up in the front yard by the old fire pit.  ;) :) These guys are like a well oiled machine, they all have a part to do for setting and do it very well. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14141 on: November 21, 2016, 04:42:39 am »
Sweet Pee doing some napping and the boys building some shelters for the night, they are working on a badge for that and have to stay in what they build Saturday night. It was 26 degrees but the done fine. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:57:00 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14142 on: November 21, 2016, 04:45:17 am »
They also done some Hawk throwing and some 3D shooting on our mini course and from the shooting tower. ;) :) Plenty to keep kids busy around there. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14143 on: November 21, 2016, 04:47:49 am »
Getting their shelters all finished up and the door made, also they all made little fire pits in front of them. They done a fine job on the shelters. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14144 on: November 21, 2016, 04:52:54 am »
They had a good fire Saturday night and some very good Black pot supper, also working on their bowls with the blow billows Little John made for them, they turned it into a community project and got a couple burned out and pretty well finished up. Great bunch of kids and hope to have them back soon. That's it for the weekend, great time had by all I think. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good