Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711414 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14115 on: November 15, 2016, 07:58:14 am »
Beau and Big did well. Both very nice looking bucks. Looks like those 10 days were a hoot.

Looks to be getting warm yet again! I have a plan for that at the river cross stand!

Took that last hind, which I don't do this usually but mix it with a pork butt and came out with 20lbs of nice grind. Was either that or buy a 25CF chest freezer. Got three, not doing a 4th.

Life is truly Gud~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14116 on: November 15, 2016, 07:59:22 am »
Ya the big guns will be out Saturday here also, we have to put up with that the rest of the year, :-\  it never closes once it opens here until first part of January. :) They use to spilt the season for a couple of weeks in early to mid December but not anymore. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14117 on: November 15, 2016, 08:24:20 am »
Congratulations, Anthony, that's a good one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14118 on: November 15, 2016, 10:07:32 am »
Here is a picture in the woods, pretty cool, I bet he was shaking a bit when this was taken.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #14119 on: November 15, 2016, 12:44:47 pm »
Nice job Big A! Hunting season in my woods was very slow.  We had a severe drought which change the movement patterns, not to mention there is huge tracts of standing corn to the north of our property.  Our gun season opens on Saturday and goes to mid December.  You can hunt with the bow, but it is much more difficult.  Davey hasn't had much luck either.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14120 on: November 15, 2016, 04:21:14 pm »
Maybe when yall to Tennessee, very dry here also. No rain in about 2 months. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Big A

« Reply #14121 on: November 15, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »
Thanks to everyone. That means a lot to me. My best buck yet. It did shake me up allot to walk up on that deer.
Big A

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14122 on: November 15, 2016, 07:10:33 pm »
That's a trophy with any weapon.  Congrats on doing it with a stick and a string.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #14123 on: November 15, 2016, 10:33:45 pm »
Man you guys are having a deer season to remember. Thats a heck of a buck Big A, congrats.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14124 on: November 15, 2016, 11:47:25 pm »
Very nice buck, Anthony. Well done. Is that the one Eddie missed?  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14125 on: November 16, 2016, 04:42:40 am »
No Pat but he looked a lot like that one, BigA hunts across the river fro us. ;) I Hunted yesterday afternoon, nothing moving where I was but squirrels, [loads of squirrels ] great evening to be in the stand. Not to hot not to cold just right. ;) :) The cool part about this time of year around here is, you just never know, from zero to hero in just a few seconds. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14126 on: November 17, 2016, 04:30:51 am »
Went out again yesterday and I think they have all went in a hole somewhere to hide. ;) :) Nothing but squirrels, of course this 75/80 degree weather and full moon I am sure isn't helping. :-\ The mornings are nice and wished I could hunt them but the evenings stink.  ??? I think that is all about to change this weekend, burrrrrrrr cold, supposed to be down to 26 Sunday night.  :) It is supposed to be 80 today, I think I will stay in the work shop with the fan running. ;) :D :D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14127 on: November 17, 2016, 09:57:31 pm »
Yea, Burrr, supposed to be in the 40's here, good luck my friend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14128 on: November 18, 2016, 04:23:24 am »
Get Yer Flannel lined Bibs out Pappy  :laugh: ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14129 on: November 18, 2016, 04:37:22 am »
Same to you Eddie, ya I plan on doing that Bob. ;) I like cold weather but by this time of year I have usually gradually gotten use to it, it is supposed to be high 81 today low tonight 38 and high 50 tomorrow with 10 to 15 N winds low tomorrow night 28 , quite a change in 24 hours. But it's Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend, plan on some hunting, some shop work and we also have a meeting at noon tomorrow to get the kitchen and all the other little things closed and ready for winter. I have the Boy Scouts coming this evening to camp also for a couple of days, that is always fun. ;) :)
Great bunch of Boys and the Leader is top notch. He collect all the cell phones and electronic devises away when the arrive and gives them back when they get ready to leave, it is surprising how good they get along without them after about an hour or 2 of withdrawal.  ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. :)
Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good