Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711145 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14010 on: October 17, 2016, 04:48:18 am »
Off the form and looking good so far. Some knife scales in the works for a new knife[spalted Hickory] Pretty cool looking wood. :) I saved this from the wood pile. :) Waste not want not. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14011 on: October 17, 2016, 04:54:52 am »
Matt and his 2 girls came by for a visit, he was a Black Hawk pilot , and has moved to the middle east to do some flying for rich folks after he got out of the Army. Good to see him and the girls. Will's new Osage to first low brace. Shawn came by to hang out Saturday, always good to see him. Then I get a call and was told I had a deer hanging on my grave yard fence, Will and I went to see if we could get it off and make some use out of it if it was alive or still good, well if wasn't. Guess it had been there for a few days, man that was a bad way to go.  :(
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:12:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14012 on: October 17, 2016, 05:00:03 am »
Really bad scene.  :) Scales fitted and all they need is gluing and sanding. I ran out of supplies and had to make a run to wally world yesterday for restock. :) Miss Joanie said my hobby's were getting way to expensive.  ;) ::) ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14013 on: October 17, 2016, 05:04:59 am »
Osage ready to brace and tiller, then on a little scouting trip I find this, nice 8 point that looking like it had been dead since last year, no meat in the freezer for me this weekend but some handle supplies. ;) :) Dan sent me a picture of him and his dog, they are in the UP grouse hunting, looks like a beautiful place, we missed him this weekend but he looks to be have a good time. :)
Pappy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:13:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14014 on: October 17, 2016, 05:08:09 am »
And one last picture a friend sent me, this is what dreams are made of for a deer hunter, his buddy killed this in S.ILL. Man what a buck, pretty sure he was using training wheels but nice deer just the same. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #14015 on: October 17, 2016, 08:15:10 am »
Looks like a pretty productive weekend, meat or no meat...:) Shame about that deer on the fence. Looked like a healthy deer, too.
Chad K. Slagle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14016 on: October 17, 2016, 08:45:47 am »
Hope things work out for you with sister Pappy believe me I understand how frustrating a dog can be. Always hate to give up on them but sometimes for the nieghbors sake and mine I've had to. I like the log splitter are you going the try to split staves with it? We have one that will split 5' logs I think I could modify to split 7'. Not sure how well it would work for bow staves but if you use yours I'll watching to see how it works.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #14017 on: October 17, 2016, 09:17:14 am »
I heard that call ya got as I was leaving. I looked going out but did not see that deer hanging on fence. Happens more than we like to admit. Wonder who shot that nice 4x4 that ended up on yer farm? I may stop by on Sat afternoon in between sits if I can. I am sure someone will take a goodun this weekend.

have a gud week and a better weekend coming.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14018 on: October 17, 2016, 09:34:04 am »
Guess I posted reply before all the pictures where in. Ouch that's one fence I would want to jump over. However he got that buck it's a dandy that's a big neck and head.
 Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14019 on: October 18, 2016, 05:12:42 am »
Ya ouch is right, we were talking yesterday bet him and some of his buddies were standing there looking at that fence and he said HA YALL WATCH THIS, bad move on his part and a really bad way to go for sure. :(  Jimmy killed another big doe yesterday morning , that's 5 for him this year. Said he wants to brain tan the hide, I said fine I would show him how, hope he knows, but don't think he does what he's getting into.  :-\ Will got his new Osage ready to shoot yesterday 50@30 and looking good . I got my scales glued up on my new knife and plan on trying to finish tillering my Osage this evening if all goes well. ??? It is just to hot to hunt and looking forward to better weather by the weekend. Supposed to be low 40 and high 60 for Friday and Saturday, man that will feel good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14020 on: October 18, 2016, 08:10:03 am »
Heck, we're looking forward to getting up there in that "cool" weather, we're flirting in the low 90's again.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HH~

« Reply #14021 on: October 18, 2016, 08:54:00 am »
Was to dern hot for me to be out hunting. Swimming maybe? but not hauling a climber on my back. Guess I am still in withdrawls from out west. I better catch up to ol Mr J.B. I have to fill a freezer for the hands that live in house on farm from south the border. Think there's 11 of them that work the place in one way or another. Guy said he needs to fill it or he has to buy a beef for them.
Should be a really gud weekend hunt! These next deer will be flopped on the porch fer them folks. I aint wasting anymore prime hunt time hiding and quartering for them werker bee's.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14022 on: October 18, 2016, 10:17:38 am »
Jimmy sure is good at deer population control. You better get another deer soon, Pappy before Jimmy gets them all.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14023 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:14 am »
Ya thank goodness he ant hunting close my farm. :) Smag what language it that you are speaking ?  :) I thought I spelled bad and talked funny but can't hold a light to that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14024 on: October 18, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »
Spanglish?

I will try to speaking/typing Amerikan soon.

No problem on the deer harvests. I usually take a bunch of doe just to keep up with herd growth during these mild winters we have been having. My favorite time use to be the last week of open season in Tenn, now it's shorter by one week. That was the best week in my opinion! Cold and you could really pattern those doe entering/exiting off the crop fields or hidden pockets.

Weighed that big doe. She was 66lbs in boned meat! Amazing. By far, the largest I have taken in the southest USA. Have taken mature doe's off Ft. Campbell that did not weigh that on hoof!

Getting all chores and Appt's cleared away for this cool front. Should be outstanding weather for catching a god one moving.

I hope you pick the right stand and get a chance at a good one!