Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711309 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13140 on: January 28, 2016, 08:38:58 am »
They always said getting old ain't for sissies so remember that before you start to get old, Pappy.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #13141 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:17 am »
Pappy, keep us posted on that new hearing treatment. I saw a TV show a while back and they showed a guy with nerve damage. He took a new (not yet available >:( ) pill and within 15 min he could hear again. Sounds too good to be true but maybe this is what your Doc is talking about. I would kill for a pill like that unless it came with the usual list of side effects that is longer than War and Peace.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear the small birds again, and to know what direction they are?

Offline Vincenator

• Ever day is good,some are just better!
« Reply #13142 on: January 28, 2016, 08:01:51 pm »
Hey Pappy,hope your back is doing better and your ear also.
What breed is your dog?Is it a mountain cur?Do you hunt it?If so what do you hunt with it?
I am in western NC and we also go some snow last weekend but not as much as people south of us.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13143 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:47 am »
Vince her momma was full blooded Mountain cur and her dad was a traveling man, lab I suspect because she is much bigger than her mom and has web feet. She is one of the sweetest and minding dogs I have ever had and I have had some good ones. No I don't hunt with her but wished I had trained her for tracking, she has a great noise. Never go in the wood she don't find something dead or to run. ;) :) DC , yes it would be nice to be able to know where the noise is coming from, every noise seem to be coming from my left side, very annoying when deer and especially Turkey hunting. I don't think this is a pill but some kind of new hearing aid. ;) We will see. :-\ Friday and headed to the cabin as soon as I get away. I have no big plans so just have to see what interest me when I get there. We do plan on cutting more wood and I plan to help if my back keeps doing good. Also have a couple of bow in the works so I should be busy. It is supposed to be beautiful this weekend so maybe things will dry up a bit. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13144 on: January 31, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »
Hey, Joe, ever see that movie, Wizard of Oz and the Tin Man?;-)

Pappy let me know if you get some king of miracle thing to hear, please.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13145 on: February 01, 2016, 04:40:47 am »
I will Eddie. ;) :) Great weekend, beautiful weather and a good bunch of friends showed up to hang out and do there thing for themselves and around the club. :) We got lots going on trying to get ready for the up coming spring and summer and got a good start and some plans made this weekend. Here are some pictures of the fun. Seems everyone has some project going on. Got to love that. Finely got the sticker Brian made for me in an appropriate place.  ;)Thanks Koan. ;) :) Me getting the last of my handles sealed and we had a young man[Caleb ] come down to do some bow work.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13146 on: February 01, 2016, 04:43:53 am »
Caleb came a long way and shot his first arrows from his new Osage. Dan working putting a handle on and old ax head. Seems everyone want to do that now. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13147 on: February 01, 2016, 04:46:52 am »
Dan handle almost fitted. I put Caleb's bow back on the form for a little tweaking. Jon's new design bow hanger, it will hold 16 long bows, pretty cool. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13148 on: February 01, 2016, 04:49:12 am »
Jon back on the string making. ??? Some hanging out around the fire and Woody showing off some of his new spoon work. Seems he is wanting to get into the bush craft stuff. I like it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13149 on: February 01, 2016, 05:17:46 am »
Some of Jon's new knife projects. :) Case skinning supper. ;) :) Nice young Coon.  ;) Replacement Osage ready to brace. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13150 on: February 01, 2016, 05:22:05 am »
Nice hide and a multi  purpose tool. ;) ;D ;D  Then Saturday morning some drive way work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13151 on: February 01, 2016, 05:24:56 am »
More drive work, wood cutting , we got a good start on Badly bent's camp wood supply started. ;) We plan on having 3 or 4 stacks for the folks that camp up top at the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13152 on: February 01, 2016, 05:26:55 am »
Woody planing some Walnut boards for another project and me making another chair for the fire pit. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:51:05 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13153 on: February 01, 2016, 05:29:03 am »
Chair finished. BigA refurbishing some old arrows and I am getting quite the ax collection. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13154 on: February 01, 2016, 05:32:20 am »
Final touches on the seat. Kevin doing some handle glue up work. Woody's boards all slicked up and me doing some more tillering on my Osage. :) Got warm Saturday and I had to come out of the long sleeves. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good