Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4712868 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12345 on: May 18, 2015, 02:28:59 pm »
Looks like another great weekend! Thanks Pappy, I always enjoy reading "life is good" every Monday! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12346 on: May 19, 2015, 06:29:53 am »
You are welcome Patrick. The pleasure was mine E.Jensen, come visit anytime.  :) I spent some time yesterday evening trying to figure what my next bow project will be, Osage/Osage/Osage or Yew for WizardGoat. Decisions decisions.  :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12347 on: May 19, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »
It's a hard decision Pappy. I to have a piece of yew from wizardgoat. I've looked at it every day! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline cracker

« Reply #12348 on: May 19, 2015, 07:45:35 pm »
Hi Mark how's everyone doing. Looks like you're still living the good life. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12349 on: May 19, 2015, 07:51:03 pm »
Dang, Ronnie, really missed you this year. Was getting worried about ya.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12350 on: May 20, 2015, 06:13:03 am »
Yep,we all had thoughts that you might just surprise us and show up, I was a little let down when Sunday/Monday before the Classic came and went because I knew you weren't going to make it.  :) Hope all is good with you and yes I am still just knocking along just about the same as always, nothing much changes in my life and I kind of like it that way. People come and go but that's about it , yes Life is Good, not sure what tomorrow holds but so far it has been outstanding.  ;) :) :) We got a little work done on the Bridge yesterday and hope to make some good progress this weekend, it is going to be a 3 day weekend so hopefully we can get it close to completed if the weather will act right. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #12351 on: May 20, 2015, 06:14:23 am »
I'm fine Eddie this new property is wearing my but out. I'm spending my weekends on an excavator or a skid steer, lotta stumps to deal with. Ron

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12352 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:39 am »
Great to hear from you, Cracker!  Miss Heather also says, Hello.  Glad you're alive and well. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12353 on: May 20, 2015, 09:16:05 am »
Glad to see you Ronnie. We really missed you again this year. Lets not make it three.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #12354 on: May 21, 2015, 12:44:16 am »
Good to hear from everyone, we'll have to see how this next year plays out. Between work picking up and this new property I'm staying pretty busy. Sure do miss you guys and hope to see every one soon. Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12355 on: May 21, 2015, 05:48:15 am »
Hope so to Cracker. ;) Started on a Dogwood bow yesterday that I had cut and laid out in
2005,should be well seasoned. ??? I got it floor tillered and on the form ,should be ready for the long string and tiller stick today. Been really busy at work with lots of growing pains that are beginning to be a pain in my A$$ so it felt good to be in the shop all by myself with 650am on the radio/Sally laying beside me scrapping on some wood. :) Very soothing to the mind.
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12356 on: May 21, 2015, 12:54:10 pm »
Sounds like a perfect evening.  Keep us posted on the dogwood bow.  I had never thought of using it, but there is plenty of it around here.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12357 on: May 22, 2015, 05:17:22 am »
I will Greg, got it off the form last evening and tip overlays on and nocks filed, it is very skinny at the tips so I went with a cut across the top like Blackhawk does on a lot of his. I plan on starting the tiller process this evening if I get time. FRIDAY and a long weekend to boot. We are working on the bridge tomorrow so will be busy for sure. I got mulch hauled yesterday for the walkway to it so we can stay out of the mud. ;) :) Rain, Rain seems that is all we get now days, at least the Classic was dry. ??? Also has an interesting thing happen yesterday, my neighbor called and said he had a swarm of bee's at his back door, I called Steven, Josiah's dad . Yall have seen him around, the kid with no shoes. ;) :)They raise bee's and was planning on putting some hives on my place and guide me through learning how to raise them. :) They lost some hives this winter and that wasn't going to happen this year. :( Well with these he plans on bringing them to me, what a great  jester. I hope to have them this weekend. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Tuesday and have a great Memorial day and remember what it is all about. thanks for those that gave it all so we can do the things we love doing. Thanks to them. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12358 on: May 22, 2015, 05:42:59 am »
That looks like a lot of bees to me!  Our weather here has been very wet with snow and rain every day for some time now.  Can hardly get into the pasture to feed the horses.  There has been a griz up and down the river so have to be on the look out all the time!  Always so many things to do around here in the spring I always seem to be behind.  The elk are finally getting scattered out and its time for them to have their calves which is a good thing to see.  I came home from the Classic with some kind of illness and am finally getting over it.  Living here is 180 degrees from the number of people I saw at the Classic although we are going to have several visitors this spring and summer.  Still appreciate the way I am always treated at the farm and that is the way all the other people feel about your hospitality.  Thanks is never enough, but I mean that from the bottom of my heart!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12359 on: May 22, 2015, 03:01:28 pm »
That is great. I have always wanted to have bees but I knew I would never have the time plus I live in town and there is some liability there. We need all the little pollinators we can get. Good luck with your hive. You should do well with the support of your experienced friends and you know he will feel obligated after thumping them in for you.