Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4725659 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11880 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:04 am »
Some picking around the fire. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11881 on: February 09, 2015, 06:29:22 am »
Chucky keeping the fire going, ;) :) Jeff working on a sewing table. A true sling shot, I use to be pretty good with one of these but after 50+ years I need a lot of practice. :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:43:03 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11882 on: February 09, 2015, 06:32:23 am »
Jeff is making a sewing table for Michell , it is starting to come together.  :) Another nice fire Saturday night. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11883 on: February 09, 2015, 06:35:28 am »
A start on the arrows for the Classic trophies, wood pile looking really good and still some on the ground for the upper camp ground. About one more part of a day cutting and I think we will be set. :) Hope yall had a good one Also. :) Life is Good. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11884 on: February 09, 2015, 01:02:10 pm »
Pappy:  Thanks for the pictures of Sweet Pea and the quiver I made for her.  She has really grown up and makes me feel good to know she still visits the farm with her dad!  That is the thing about Twin Oaks that is unique as the experiences you have there will be in your memory for life!  I spent 5 days away from home this past week and while I was gone a big wind storm in the mountains blew down 15 cross country line poles so my wife was without electricity for 5 days.  Borrowed a generator from the neighbor to charge the freezers.  Was getting serious as the ice cream was melting and figured the meat was next.  The power finally came on in the middle of the night just in time to save our freezers.  And as you always say "Life is Good!"  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11885 on: February 10, 2015, 05:07:26 am »
Ya Joe she ant down as much as she use to be, but when she is she has her quiver. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11886 on: February 10, 2015, 07:25:23 am »
That is starting to look like a wood pile now Pappy.  I bet Chuck is proud as a puppy with two tails.  Can't wait to get down there and see everyone again.  Looking forward to meeting Frank Ardt as well.  Man he is fired up!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11887 on: February 11, 2015, 05:03:20 am »
Ya we are about where we need to be on the wood Greg and yes Chuck was seating beside drooling all after noon Saturday. :) Little over a week for you, looking forward to it also. Frank was by Saturday and man he is looking forward to meeting you, he is having supper with us Friday night, he has been kind of lonely since his wife passed a couple months ago after 60 + years together I would guess he would be missing her. :( Great guy. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11888 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:36 am »
Got the holes dug for the pears for the new bridge yesterday, now we need to get the post set and concrete poured, we had hoped to get that done before it rains again but that is unlikely and the weather this weekend is supposed to be Burrrrrrrrrrrr cold. :) :) I also got the Hickory stave's laid out yesterday and plan on cutting them out this weekend, I think if it works out we will have 15 or so Hickory blanks for the Classic, not as many as usual but enough considering all the folks that bring blanks to sell or trade now. :) Lots to do in the next few months, just have to stay steady and it will all get done. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #11889 on: February 12, 2015, 12:17:20 pm »
Good deal Pappy! Wish I lived closer I would come and lend a hand. Sounds like fun! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11890 on: February 13, 2015, 05:56:06 am »
FRIDAY and ready to do it all over again, Going to be cold but should be fun in the shop. We will get a big fire going and after being in it for a while you really don't notice the cold much. :)
Hope to get something going on the bridge this weekend but since it's Valentine's day weekend I doubt many show up Saturday. ??? :-\ To much lifting for 1 or 2 so will probably spend time getting the Hickory stave's worked up for the Classic and maybe some work on my Osage. :) Hope y'all have a good one, see ya Monday. Happy Valentine's day. ;) :) Don't forget or life might not be so Good. ;) ;D ;D ;D Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #11891 on: February 13, 2015, 07:56:40 am »
-18 this morning in Western New York on the truck thermometer.  Winds didn't pick up as forecasted so the wind chill is only    -20.   Sunday is supposed to be worse.  Every school around here is closed, except mine. Brrr.  Enjoy your weekend.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11892 on: February 13, 2015, 08:02:44 am »
You to Glenn, tell Davy and Chucky I am still missing all of yall not being down for Christmas. :)
Not that cold here but cold enough. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11893 on: February 13, 2015, 08:28:49 pm »
Cold here, too, working 240' in the air this weekend. Y'all have fun and stay warm. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11894 on: February 13, 2015, 11:17:54 pm »
It was 60 degrees her today. Tomorrow they are calling for 25 degrees and snow. 

Mother Nature is bipolar and off her meds!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.