Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4716201 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11790 on: January 22, 2015, 05:00:32 am »
I forgot to mention yesterday Pappy, that You're Hunting Outfit would look ALOT cooler with either a .32 or .36 caliber Flinter  ;)! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11791 on: January 22, 2015, 06:32:46 am »
I here ya Bob, send me one. ;) ;D ;D Ya [the other Bob ;) :) :)] I haven't had one hard all over but have some that will have a spot or 2 in them that won't soften up like the rest, I have also had at least 1 that had a spot the size of a grapefruit that wouldn't take any tanning at all it stayed like a piece of wet rawhide through the whole process, not sure the problem but it was in the top of the back area looked like maybe it had been hurt at one time, also where they are shot sometime [gun] I have trouble getting a spot the size of a silver dollar to soften up on occasion , :-\ that is the thing about brain tanning deer hides it is kind of like making a wood bow you never seem to find the prefect hide and always something different to deal with through the process, looks prefect to start with but as you move along you keep finding little  or sometimes big problems, guess that is what makes it fun and keeps me interested, let me know how the re braining works out I have often thought about trying that at least in spots and see if it helped.  ;) :) I have a couple more ready to final smoke and hope to get started on another this weekend.  :) The weather is prefect for that now and won't last long here in Tennessee.  :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #11792 on: January 22, 2015, 07:35:01 pm »
Logan and I couldn't go Sat because I was in Philly, but we went Monday. We got five and he was a happy boy.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11793 on: January 22, 2015, 08:20:20 pm »
Nice shooting guys and nice you get to hunt together.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11794 on: January 23, 2015, 06:04:26 am »
Nice picture Jimmy, got to love that. :) :) FRIDAY YES, was a 4 day week for me but seemed
very long, lots of changes here at work and anyone that knows me knows I don't care for change all that much. ??? ;) :) :) Any way it's over for a couple of days and I am headed to the cabin for some rest and relaxation.  :) :) Got the Church event [wild game supper] we always do going on Saturday evening, BigA is heading that up and taking bows/arrows/our new targets/ Will with some napping stuff, so that should be fun, I want to go but not for sure yet, we are planning on a wood cutting this evening and Tomorrow if the weather is any where close to right and I need to help with that, since they say I am the main burner. ;) :) :) I think it is Burn um up Chuck but they say it's me. :-\ ???  :) No matter what I am sure we will have a good time. :) Nothing really pressing in the shop, I do need to get another bow started since the Yew went down but still trying to decide on what the next project might be.  :-\ Hope y'all have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11795 on: January 23, 2015, 07:43:09 am »
Have a good one Pappy. :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11796 on: January 23, 2015, 09:37:10 am »
You to Greg, catch any Yots last weekend ?? :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11797 on: January 23, 2015, 03:53:44 pm »
Nice haul, Guys, I wish we had some like Anthony got. I'm hoping to get after them this Sunday if I don't have to work. Getting too old for 80+ hour weeks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11798 on: January 23, 2015, 04:31:42 pm »
Yep.  Got one yote and two very irrate bobcats.

URL=http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Gsulfridge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150123_050751_zpsq80ys7nu.jpg.html][/URL

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11799 on: January 23, 2015, 05:54:51 pm »
Nice :D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11800 on: January 24, 2015, 05:58:36 am »
Way to go Greg ! Too cool - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11801 on: January 24, 2015, 09:43:14 am »
Thanks. ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11803 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:24 pm »
Brrrr! I thought I was cold at 240' in the air when that Front came through. :-[
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11804 on: January 25, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »
Pappy, that is perfect firewood cutting weather, no bugs, no sweat, just right. i hate cutting when it gets to hot, Usually get 2or3 heats out of wood cutting :o Bob