Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4711135 times)

iowabow and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11205 on: September 08, 2014, 05:50:58 am »
Jon setting up his Cain arrows, and working on His new Osage bow,also made some time to work on his daughters wedding coasters,going to be pretty cool. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11206 on: September 08, 2014, 05:54:39 am »
More arrows getting set up,everyone seems to be in that mode right now for some reason. ??? ;) :) :) :) Good meeting then some went to work on the range for next weekends shoot/some went to the bridge project and some worked on the tree growing in the bow shop. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11207 on: September 08, 2014, 06:00:03 am »
Art [our token Yankee] Keeping us in line. Getting the tree out of the bow shop,we thought it was cool 15 years ago when we built around it,not so cool now that it has got large. ??? :o :) Bridge coming along nicely,about 1 more good day should have it complete. I saved a limb for the Ash in the shop,hope to make something shootable out of it.  ;) :)Wast not want not. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11208 on: September 08, 2014, 06:06:22 am »
Hand rails being prepaired for the bridge. Ash almost gone from the shop. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11209 on: September 08, 2014, 06:09:40 am »
Had some show up for some bow work in the shop. We are done for the day on the tree/bridge and range. Got a lot done that is for sure,amazing what you can get done with 12 or 15 good men all hard at it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11210 on: September 08, 2014, 06:13:01 am »
Michaela has her Osage ready to long string,she has been hard at it. :) Getting 4 food plots ready to plant, I planed on doing that Sunday morning but we got more rain Saturday night so hopefully I can do it Tuesday. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:48:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11211 on: September 08, 2014, 06:23:34 am »
Our kids passed their Hunter's safety course Saturday,we are very proud of them. Had a great weekend, I thinned the Ash limb down a bit and clamped it to a table,I plan on leaving it there for a few weeks. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :) :) :)
 Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:49:36 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11212 on: September 08, 2014, 07:42:24 am »
Looks like everything is coming together.  Sorry I missed out on all the hard work :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #11213 on: September 08, 2014, 07:49:09 am »
Cool to see pics of all the bows and arrows set up and ready to hunt. That and the pics of your food plot work gets the blood flowing just thinking about the the upcoming season. I'm sure all you guys are like me, when your prepping arrows and mounting broadheads your daydreaming about the hunt and what those arrows  might harvest. ;)
You guys sure got a lot of work done this weekend too. Those were some big projects you tackled there, especially
that tree removal. Heck of a crew you got Pappy.

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11214 on: September 08, 2014, 07:59:44 am »
As always Pappy - thanks for sharing. Man - if I lived anywhere close, You'd have Two token Yankees  >:D :laugh:!! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11215 on: September 08, 2014, 08:21:01 am »
You would sure be Welcome Bob, Yes we do have a good bunch Greg, that know how to get stuff done. :) Missed you also ,the other Greg, ;) :) :)  [to many Chris's and Greg's]  ;) ;D ;D come see us when you get a chance. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11216 on: September 08, 2014, 08:24:55 am »
The bridge is lookin good! Hate to see the ash go but definately understand... Alot of folks here dont like to work ash but i love the stuff... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #11217 on: September 08, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »
Well boys I've got deer fever. It's been all I can think about for the past few days. I should be home in a couple of weeks - in time for opening day. Now, can I get a hunting pass from momma after being gone for the past year...that's the question. I'll have quick work to do when I get home. I'll have to get all my stuff out and decide on a bow and arrow combo. I've got a house full so I should manage.

These pictures make me homesick!!!! I'm coming....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11218 on: September 08, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »
Great to hear from you Jimmy. I've been wondering when you were coming home. It will be great to see you next spring at the classic.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #11219 on: September 08, 2014, 11:49:51 pm »
I certainly hope to be there, but I'm running out of room at Ft. Campbell for jobs. I think I've set a record. I'm on year 12. I'm officially calling it divine intervention. Regardless, Lisa and the kids will remain in Clarksville - it's home. I think I'll be there through March or April 2015 for sure, perhaps until summer.