Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4836124 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11190 on: September 02, 2014, 02:35:24 pm »
Looks like ya'll had a great weekend!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11191 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:11 am »
Ya Eddie it is still hot up here also,just not as bad as where you are and at least it if sorta cool early and late. The Jeep is the couple that has been coming for a few weeks now working on some Osage bows,Chuck is working with them. We did Brian,hope you better half is doing better  ? let us know. ;) :) Had to go to the eye doctor yesterday,she says I have a floater in my eye  ??? :-\ all I know is I have a spot that looks like spider webs right in the middle of what I am looking at,only in my right eye,she says it comes with age,man I am hearing that a lot lately. :o ??? :-\ :-\ She said it should go away in a few weeks
but will probably get more as time moves along. :) I did get some time to shoot yesterday evening ,I got Del's long bow he gifted me at the Classic out and got 7 arrows tuned for it, I plan on as he said " killing some of the King's deer " with it in a month or so,really shoots good with a 52 lb. spine arrow that weighted in at 575 grain.,that  should do the trick with a good 160 or 200 grain Ace on the business end  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #11192 on: September 03, 2014, 05:53:44 am »
You're gettin' me all excited now :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11193 on: September 04, 2014, 04:58:53 am »
Looking forward to hunting with it Del, I feel pretty sure I can kill something with it. ;) :) Got Osage is King all tuned up yesterday,7 arrows ready for it, that's #2 to have ready for the season, got 2 more to go and I should be set,I always like to have 3 or 4 ready just in case I need a change of luck. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11194 on: September 04, 2014, 07:40:57 am »
Pappy, we ended up at ER again Sunday  :( , still dont know anything yet. To top it off our water heater blew Thursday and house flooded so we spent Labor Day weekend pullin carpet and shop vac-ing and waitin on a flaky landlord...stayin at my parents till all thats done.... Other than that were peachy  ;D ;) :o ::) lol.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11195 on: September 04, 2014, 07:56:05 am »
Man I hope they come up with something for her. :) Been there on the water heater,had ours blow a few years back and put 4 inches of water in the basement before we knew it was leaking,I mean really leaking. :) :) The bad thing is my basement is finished,so I had a 4 inch deep 1,100 square foot lake,man what a mess. :)Hope all gets better.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11196 on: September 04, 2014, 08:27:08 am »
Thanks Pappy... Just a few bumps inda road. Life is still good! 👍.... Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11197 on: September 05, 2014, 05:32:38 am »
Friday, I am so glad,been a short in days but long week, My eye isn't much better and is about to drive me nuts so I just need to get away for a day or 2. :) We have a meeting/working in the morning to get ready for the  22nd Deer Classic. I also plan on a little bushhogging and try and get my food plots disks and planted ,I hope. Got all 4 bows I plan to hunt with fixed up with a set of arrows,now all they need is killing heads put on and shot to be sure they fly like I think they will. ???  Hope to get that done also this weekend. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday.Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #11198 on: September 05, 2014, 09:50:09 am »
I get floaters more in my advanced age but they tend to go away over time until I get the next crop, they can be annoying. If they get to be a real problem there is a procedure to zap them.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11199 on: September 05, 2014, 10:12:53 am »
This is my first and yes she said birthdays cause them, :o This is a big one and is right in the middle of my left eye,looks
like I am looking through a broken set of glasses,very annoying,she did say they usuall go away in a month or 6 weeks but didn't say anything about zapping it.  ??? :) Seems everything that goes wrong with me can't be fixed,and folks wonder why I dislike doctors so much , they take my money but never fix much for it,just sometimes tell me what I already know. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #11200 on: September 06, 2014, 10:05:03 am »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11201 on: September 06, 2014, 01:53:05 pm »
I've had small ones in my eyes but they come and go. When I went to get an eye exam they told me it wasn't anything to worry about...but I have to look for them to see them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #11202 on: September 06, 2014, 09:08:24 pm »
Hi Mister Eye Floater! I get them from time to time too, I'm 35.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11203 on: September 08, 2014, 05:43:28 am »
What a great weekend, Had a good meeting and working plus seems everyone had some time to get some stuff ready for the up and coming fast deer/turkey season. I got 3 bows ready with arrows/ hunting heads and quiver set up.I have 2 more to do but they are old reliables and won't take long to get them ready. Got the bridge almost finished and also the tree cut out of the shop. Here are some pictures of the fun. Dels Yew bow set up with field tips first ,them changed them over to 160 ace
heads,they fly like darts, I am feeling really good about this one. :) ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11204 on: September 08, 2014, 05:47:32 am »
Assortment of hunting heads I plan on using. Also I always set up this Old Friend,it has been blooded in Battle many times and I always try and take her out at least a few times each year.  ;) :) Jon getting some Cain's set up for his Osage bow. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good