Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4713689 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10800 on: June 02, 2014, 06:06:20 am »
My Yucca is doing good,make some cordage and nice fire starters.  :) Josh showed up from WY. for a visit,we have missed him,good to see him again. ;) Me cutting out Jon's new snaky Osage,it should make a cool bow. Megan and big sister showed up for a visit. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10801 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:33 am »
Josh catching up on some napping and knife handle work,he couldn't be still. ;) ;D ;D GregB doing some blade work.Chuck building some glue up forms. Sweet Pea showed up for a visit,don't see her as much as I use to,getting all grown up. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:41:33 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10802 on: June 02, 2014, 06:16:58 am »
Putting Jon's Osage on the R/F form,it needed a lot of work but we managed to tame it down a bit. ;) :) Then supper,we had a fish fry,fish/frog legs and all the fixings. Yum Yum,GregB made home made ice cream for desert.  ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10803 on: June 02, 2014, 06:23:29 am »
Supper,several showed up and we had a very good time. :) Jon's bow off the form and also my off and ready to start tillering. ;) :) Some knife handles Josh worked up while there Saturday. On a side not,anyone know what this plant is ???? It grows low to the ground and is everywhere in the woods right now. :-\ :-\ That's it for this week,hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mscott

« Reply #10804 on: June 02, 2014, 06:32:39 am »
Is that the bow I help Jon with 
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10805 on: June 02, 2014, 06:45:12 am »
Yep I think so,very snaky and off set handle,if so ya that is it. :) Jon get's lots of help it seems. :o ??? ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10806 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:07 am »
Looks like the usual busy weekend at Twin Oaks.  Nice gathering of folks and a lot of bow/knife work being done.  Im starting to warm up to those reflex/deflex style bows you boys have been making lately.  Also looking forward to hearing how the IW bow performs.  DID YOU SAY FROG LEGS FOR DINNER? Oh my, that's some good eating!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #10807 on: June 02, 2014, 08:33:21 am »
Pappy, the plant looks like what we call Virginia creeper, Not sure with just a pic. Looks like ya had a great weekend, How much good flint did ya find in your foundation holes :o. Later Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10808 on: June 02, 2014, 08:42:11 am »
Need to look Bob,haven't really checked it out but may be some of that stuff they call pappyite come out of the hole. ;) :) Greg ,yes frog legs,ChrisC came up with them,and yes they were great.Not sure how the IW is going to turn out,I know it is going to come in light for me,in the low 40's i am figuring and it popped a little splinter so I sinew wrapped it and plan on some thin rawhide,I knew when I started it was a questionable piece. Should have came up with some better billits. They have been in the shop for several years and probably haven't had the best care taken of them. O well if it will turn out a ladies or kids bow I will be happy.  ;) :) :) Thanks for the in site on the plant Bob. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10809 on: June 02, 2014, 08:49:06 am »
I agree with Bob. Looks like Virginia Creeper(Parthenocissus quinquefolia). It is a vine but generally smaller plants growing around on the ground . It looks similar to ginseng but larger and some mistake it for poison ivy which has only 3 leaves.
 Looks like another great weekend. Sure is hard to wait another 11 months.   :'(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10810 on: June 02, 2014, 10:16:50 am »
Looks like a gooder at Twin Oaks!!

Virginia Creeper is my guess too. Out to be a vine, growing up trees and the side of buildings.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10811 on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:39 am »
Great photos, John's R/D looks great off the form.  Did you have to get plans stamped for that bridge, Pap?
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10812 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:16 am »
Not sure what you are talking about Steve,we thought them up in our heads and now trying to execute them.  ;) :) :) the way we do most stuff around there. If it goes good,then fine if not we change our plans. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10813 on: June 02, 2014, 12:14:38 pm »
I saw those blueprints and wondered if you had to have things approved by the Township or such the way I've had to do for dropping a shipping container in my back yard for a shop through the city of Naples.  I'd just be surprised if you had to go through that process.

That'll be interesting to see next time! 

1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10814 on: June 03, 2014, 05:19:59 am »
I think maybe we are supposed to Steve,we are supposed to if we build anything,we usually don't and just ask for forgiveness if they catch us. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D We plan on setting the post and pouring the concrete Thursday or Friday if the rain holds off.Got the rawhide on the back of my IW take down yesterday evening,should be ready to finish up in a few day when it dries back out. :) Hope so,about tired of fooling with that one. ???
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good