Author Topic: Woodland 2 fletch - Hillbilly  (Read 2014 times)

Offline riarcher

Woodland 2 fletch - Hillbilly
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:24:26 pm »
While searching and learning (idea gathering) I came across these.
Besides looking awsome,, i started figuring out the how's.
Question came up immediately.
Lookng from the knock end,,, how does one orient the relationship with the knock on these?
I ordered some non-turkey tailfeathers to try something like this. Is it important not to attatch the center of the fletch for some reason (or did I miss something)?
Thanks,
Gary

Nice job Hillbilly!!!
From the Stripercoast of Rhode Island

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Woodland 2 fletch - Hillbilly
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 04:19:06 pm »
Thanks, riarcher. You can pretty much see how the nock is oriented-you want the flat plane of the feathers to be vertical when the arrow is on the string. Those traditionally aren't fastened in the center, but you could glue them if you wanted to. If you tie the tips on so that the feathers are hanging off the nock end of the arrow, then fold them forward so that the dull side of the feather faces out, you can get them really tight to the shaft without glue, especially tailfeathers.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline riarcher

Re: Woodland 2 fletch - Hillbilly
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:49:42 pm »
Thanks.
It sorta looked like the leading edge was in alignment with the string. Hard telling because the rear looked perpendicular.
Wasn't sure if it was intentional or just ended up that way by the amount of helix you went with.

By the way,,, That pix is on my PC as background for the moment. (I love "simple" form & function)
From the Stripercoast of Rhode Island