Author Topic: hmmm, OUCH!  (Read 5515 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: hmmm, OUCH!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 07:52:13 pm »
I'm surprised I still have my left eye, due to facial paraylsis I have no blink reflex in my left eye, so I'm always digging stuff out of it. Just came back from seeing my eye doctor and once and again I yelled at for not following her advice ::) I'm slowly losing my vision in that eye due to it being dried out all the time, I'm supposed to use a lubricating gel multiple times a day but I never remember. I told her I took up flint knapping since my last visit, after explaining what that was she rolled her eyes and threw her hands up and said don't come crying to me when your blind :o I wear regular glasses but should be wearing a shield or goggles but never do ;) :P
Probably gonna end up being known as Da one-eyed Yooper one of these days :-\
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 08:48:49 pm »
  Damn, son. I guess I should have gave ya'll some of those Safety Glasses in my truck when I left that bucket of rocks and glass. Should I ask your Mom if she wants me to pick that bucket up on my way back, Tuesday?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 10:16:35 pm »
NO! MY ROCKS! NO TAKE!

i got saftey glasses, two pairs actually. one from my mom and one from the girlfriends stepdad. im set.
lets just shoot it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 11:35:01 pm »
 Did you get that knife?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 01:04:01 am »
I bought some inexpensive safety glasses online for spectators to wear when I do demos and knapping lessons.  They are a lot cheaper that having to hire an attorney to defend me or pay for someone else's eye surgery.

I hate wearing 'em when it is hot out.  Sweat pools in the lenses and they tend to fog...beats getting chips in they eye though.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 01:16:10 am »
mullet, my mom got ahold of the little guy and he said he'd drop it by sometime this week. aint showed up yet though. i hate to go take it, cuz the way me and him get along, he'd end up in the er and me in jail, so that wouldnt go well, but if he dont bring it ima go try to get it fairly peacefully.
lets just shoot it

Offline Parnell

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54:25 pm »
Hey Jim - you need a good high power fan!  My garage gets mighty sticky in the summer down here in Fl.  I get that thing cranked up like a wind tunnel!  It's good for blowing out sawdust and stuff, too.
1’—>1’