Author Topic: 500 pieces of Bamboo  (Read 5481 times)

Offline Bushbow

500 pieces of Bamboo
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:06:53 am »
For anyone that wonders what you get when you order 500 pieces of bamboo. I ordered it on Wednesday and had delivery on Saturday morning. On initial review it looks like 6 to 7 pieces out of 10 will make a good arrow. I ordered the 3/8" by 4' thinking I would have a better chance of getting a good arrow from each piece. Pictures below. I also posted a senseless video of the bamboo on Youtube, more as an opportunity to mess with my camera and the Moviemaker software.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iNpzTDHpU

A bale of 500

Top View

Loose in Box

Offline NTD

Re: 500 pieces of Bamboo
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:31:02 am »
Hey I actually do appreciate that.  I will be ordering 500 shafts soon as well and it's good to get an idea of what I'll be getting.  My wife and I have made the decision for me to be a stay at home dad starting in a couple months.  Laugh all you want people she's the one with the GOOD job i.e insurance and all...anyway figured straightening some cane will be a good way to eat up the few minutes that my daughter actually sleeps :)
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:51:08 am »
Hey Nate....I aint Laughing..........My Wife has the Good Job also....I just work for everything we don't need........ >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:00:49 am »
LOL thanks for not laughing...I'm a little embarrassed about the whole thing but it looks like it'll be the best thing for the family right now.  Also I have ways to make money at home so I won't be totally unemployed LOL. 

Sorry for the hijack there Bushbow.  On a side note if you'd like to part with a 3rd of that or so let me know maybe we can work something out.
Nate Danforth

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:50:42 am »
wow, where from and how much?  i thought i was going crazy getting bamboo from home depot.  id like to order some of that?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 09:57:56 am »
                                            Watch the Video....it tells You who He bought it from..... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Greatgoogamooga

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 10:01:44 am »
Have you ever gotten the flat banboo from them?  I'm thinking it might be good for backing a bow.

Goog

Offline aero86

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:19:14 am »
alright, looks like i too am going to order 500 pieces of bamboo.  my kids keep asking what im doing with all the bamboo
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Aries

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:01:58 pm »
how much do one of those bundels set you back?  Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »
I think mine was $65 with shipping :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Bushbow

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:21:49 pm »
Dana, you got a better price than I did, $78.80 w/shipping.

Offline aero86

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:46 am »
man, i wanna buy some, but dont need that much, anyone wanna go halfsies?

Offline Bushbow

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 11:59:46 am »
The 6' pieces from Home Depot is not a bad way to start.

Offline aero86

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 12:50:49 pm »
ive done that already, cheaper in the long run to buy in bulk..

Offline Bushbow

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 02:47:32 pm »
Aero, I agree, but for someone that has not yet made a bamboo arrow, 500 pieces is a big commitment. The HD stuff is a good way to start. By the time I bought my sixth bag, I figured it was time, plus my wife was sick of going to Home Depot.