Author Topic: Some different NA arrow points  (Read 4206 times)

Offline Postman

Re: Some different NA arrow points
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 11:31:30 pm »
Great info half-eye and all of y'alls - I love this kinda stuff too. It makes me sad when scientists of any stripe refuse to give evidence a fair shake because it may refute their pet theories. I would think a North Atlantic crosssing by many groups would be possible - even earlier, when an ice sheet was present -  plenty of polar critters to kill & eat on the way.
Probably safer than the Pennsylvania Turnpike ;D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 08:23:15 pm »
 Copper artifacts found in burial sites and Mound sites in the South and Gulf Coast states has been traced to the Great Lakes area. A lot of trading supposedly went on during the Hopewell Era.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 09:08:37 pm »
I heard the Irish traveled with the Vikings to Eastern North America or at least to Iceland and Greenland. Everyone else in Europe hated them so they took up with the Vikings.

Pat B,

Everyone in Europe hated Everyone else. I doubt if most had come across the Irish, they were not renowned for their travel. Also far from joining with the Vikings they were invaded by the Vikings, Dublin was a Viking city. If any Irish travelled with the Vikings they were more likely to be slaves than free.

KenH,

The Irish travelled to NA on their very own!  Read The Brendan Voyage by Tim Severin

The fact that someone travelled in the manner that legend says someone else did does not prove that the original is any more than a legend or wishful thinking. Look at Tor Heyerdahl and the Kon-tiki. He showed it was possible the raft could travel the distance but genetics has shown the theory that Polynesians came from South America to be wrong.

Craig.