Author Topic: whos in northern cali?  (Read 3123 times)

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

whos in northern cali?
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »
hey guys just wondering who is in northern california right around Modesto sacramento or SF? I Go to a University here in turlock and live in Modesto Id like to meet someone in the area maybe gather some wood or just shoot some stuff.

CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline rileyconcrete

Re: whos in northern cali?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:39:45 pm »
I know some guys that live in Corning. Its about 2 hrs from Sac.
Tell Riley

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:47:40 am »
Hi Legionnaire,  I'm in San Jose, but I don't get over to Modesto very often.    Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »
Never heard of corning.. Hey M-P I think san jose has better wood than modesto, I wouldnt mind driving up there its only about 1 hr or so away from here. Maybe we can meet halfways or something, im mostly interested in gathering wood.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline Traxx

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 12:19:08 am »
Corning,is just west of Ishi's old stompin grounds.Its about 25 miles south of Red Bluff.

Offline canidsong

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:17 am »
i'm in Modesto.

funny, i used to live in squaw hill, and chico, right by corning.

Innocente

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 03:40:02 am »
Vacaville, between sac and san fran.

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:53:23 pm »
I'm in red bluff, like to meet the corning people
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »
Humboldt county,  We call you guys Socal, or at least Central.  I'm 5 hours north of you. ;D Good to no theres more Cal people around though.
Humboldt County CA.

Innocente

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 03:49:27 pm »
hey fellow cali people, you guys know of any traditional shoots, bowyer meets, or general primitive stuff get togethers around here? and if not, which one of you guys is good at planning stuff?
i've spent hours and hours building bows, and studying bowyery, never actually spoke to a real human in person about it.

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 05:16:10 pm »
Traditional  Bowhunters  of  Ca is  up  north

http://www.tbcarchery.com/events.html
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline waterlogged

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »
In San Jose, but I don't know any groups. There's a couple of nice ranges around here, but they are all mixed fiberglass and compound. Very little in the way of wood.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps. ~Emo Philips
I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 07:50:35 pm »
I know theres meets down in pasadena I will be attending one whenever I have a chance. Well If you guys are down we can meet and talk about bows we just need a place like a Ranch or something. Ill come, who else would come? well aslong as its not 5 hrs north ill come.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 12:14:14 am »
Hi Guys,  I'm on the board for BowHunters Unlimited in San Jose.   Actually the range is  in a county park next to Cupertino, but...  Anyway there are several members who shoot primitive bows exclusively and the August 3D shoot is limited to primitive bows.  I and one or two members have put on some bow building seminars.   We haven't scheduled a bow building day for 2010 yet, but I'm thinking on it.  The majority of members shoot fiberglass and there are a few degenerates with wheelie things on the ends of their bows, but many have a wooden bow just for fun.  If you're in the area, come and visit.
 Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 12:20:25 am »
hey all
the corning guys are ryan and reese lamson.  they are actually interested in making bows they just dont know how. they always pick my brain when they are up here in idaho.

tell
Tell Riley