Author Topic: Pin nocks or ERC? Good idea or bad  (Read 1743 times)

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
Pin nocks or ERC? Good idea or bad
« on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:48 pm »
The sinew on my ERC flatbow has been drying for about 11 months now.  I  just finished floor tillering and am getting ready to cut the nocks for the long string.  I would like to do pin nocks but not sure if this is a good idea or not for ERC.  It is all an all heartwood sinew backed ERC stave that is 58" tip to tip.  Thanks for any advice. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline adb

Re: Pin nocks or ERC? Good idea or bad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:17:14 pm »
I think they'd be fne. You could do an overlay pin nock, like this...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:43:38 am »
I think I would at least overlay them. Give it a little security.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Primitive1

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:26:20 am »
I can't remember what TBB I used the idea from but I successfully used a piece of 'rawhide' attached with wrapped sinew just below the actual tips which allowed me to keep the bow tips narrow and pointed...worked like a charm.  Keep in mind that if the bow's too short, the tip angle could allow the string to slip off so watch for that...cheers, P1.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Cedar Hill, MO