Author Topic: A Red Oak Board bow and Crisis Management (Picture heavy)  (Read 10333 times)

Offline Bushbow

Re: A Red Oak Board bow and Crisis Management (Picture heavy)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »

Sulphur,I agree about the splice, I don't think it is as hard as it appears when you have never done one. After the first one it is no big deal. The Lowes and Home Depot in my town are about a block apart, Menards is a couple miles from my house, almost like having an Archery store in town. I forgot how much easier it is to make a board bow than a stave. It was fun, took two weeks. A lot of the time was putting on the finish.
So, I could say, Red Oak sucks...up finish that is. I was using wipe on poly, finally sealed the end grain using regular poly.

Canoe and John K, I will get a better full draw pic, but I will substitute my wife for the Dollar store tripod and stupid camera timer.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 10:26:05 am »
That's one of the nicest looking board bows I've seen.  Congrats. I hope it shoots well for you.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Bushbow

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 09:44:29 am »
I bought a new camera, full draw pic below. I also made a video of full draw. I am new to using the video, so I unfortunately recorded with the camera at 90 degrees, but I think it is easier to see the tiller.
Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXb5dgaCaw does not seem to work so I will try this:
http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/mxred91/?action=view&current=DSCN0013.flv
Chuck S.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:54:24 am by Bushbow »

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 06:26:17 pm »
Great bow with nice details!
Frank from Germany...