Author Topic: Bow without a home  (Read 9551 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Bow without a home(Now Has a Home)
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 08:01:09 pm »
Santa Dana eh Jesse  :D You do anything with them cane shafts and feathers I sent ya, better get crackin eh :)

Thanks eddie, I'm sending to somone that I know for a fact will use it, but I will let them tell as it may be a surprise :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:15:02 am by DanaM »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline medicinewheel

Re: Bow without a home
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2010, 06:22:37 pm »
Dana, That's a really nice bow you made there...!
Happy new Year!
Frank from Germany...

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 06:43:58 pm »
Dana,
That is a beautiful bow and one nice gesture. I  too am glad you found a good home for it. I just love the finish you gave it. Could you give us more on how you did it?
Thanks,
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline DanaM

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 09:31:25 am »
Thanks Frank...eh :D

crow the finish is easy, I used fieblings leather dye, first I dyed the whole bow a solid British Tan then came back
with black and used a crinkled up piece of wally world bag to sorta blotch it on, go easy on this part as a little goes a long way,
practice on a piece of scrap, you can get as fancy as ya want and use multiple colors. Final finish is Tru Oil

Go to the Post Office today to mail the bow to its new owner :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 09:29:06 pm »
Dana,
Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it a try on a future project. If it turns out a fraction as good as this one I'll be happy.
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline DanaM

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:40 am »
Like I said crow practice on a piece of scrap, believe me its worth it ;)

Bow is on its way to the new owner hope it gets there in one piece.

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 07:46:34 am »
Thought I would let ya all know that this bow is now in the very capable and lovely hands of Stacey Huston :)
Their going hunting today so hope to see some action shots Mike ;) :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 10:38:15 am »
Dana:  What a wonderful gesture! O:) O:) O:)  Stacey will honor the gift and will hunt with pride and honor!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline DanaM

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:38 am »
Joe she posted on her facebook account and man is she excited :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:57 pm »
Dana, you are correct about Stacy being very capable. I know she will be very proud of it and put it to very good use. You are the man. Very nice bow as well.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 12:58:10 pm »
 we are heading out to hunt coyotes and bunnies in a few minutes.. will post pics of the day when we get home.. Thank you Dana.. she is very excited about having her very own bow.. look out brothers and sisters of the bow! she is armed and dangerous!   
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston