Author Topic: Christmas Storm Bow  (Read 34891 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: Christmas Storm Bow
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »
Mike thats a good point
i wouldnt want to hurt its performance any either  ;D :D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2010, 06:42:51 pm »
Mike thats a good point
i wouldn't want to hurt its performance any either ;D :D

Nope....My Bows are Slow Enough now...I don't want them to Cop an Attitude...like a Politician....... >:D

OK...I got the Leather Grip made and Laced up...I think it's going to be fine...feels really nice in the Hand

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »
that grip looks nice, I can never get them to come out good...  Nice job can't wait to see it finished!   :) -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2010, 07:04:18 pm »
Josh....the easiest way that I have ever found to get the Grips to lace up tightly ...is to wet them in warm water...and sew them up damp...this way you can stretch the Leather to fit....and when the Leather dries...it shrinks up a bit...and the Grips snug up nicely to the Bows riser
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2010, 07:05:41 pm »
cool thanks for the tip mike!  I will do that for my next bow fer sure!   :) -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2010, 12:07:36 am »
Josh....the easiest way that I have ever found to get the Grips to lace up tightly ...is to wet them in warm water...and sew them up damp...this way you can stretch the Leather to fit....and when the Leather dries...it shrinks up a bit...and the Grips snug up nicely to the Bows riser
This is a great idea. ##@$%$$!!##@ So simple >:D
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2010, 12:54:13 am »
This is a great idea. ##@$%$$!!##@ So simple >:D

You made Me laugh out loud Don....and that ain't always easy for Me to do.......... ;D...thank you my Friend..... ;)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2010, 01:12:29 am »
Grip looks great Mike. I bet the rest does too. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2010, 01:19:10 am »
   The Rest looks like a lumpy bumpy twisted piece of Mystery Wood ....but it bends nice...and shoots like the wind.... ;)

It ain't going to be Pretty...or BOM Material....just a good shooting Bow for next years Deer Season...don't plan on putting any other Sealing Finish on it ...just a final heated in coat of Dana's magnificent Bear Grease...once I finish painting her up a Bit... :P
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2010, 07:18:51 am »
Looks good Mike but we need the glamour shots eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2010, 03:07:13 pm »
Yeah Mike, bring that beauty out, for all to admire! Please.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 02:23:17 pm »
Looks good Mike but we need the glamour shots eh :)

OK Dana....here it is...it's all finished now...the only thing I haven't decided to do yet....is too Paint it like I do some of my Bows ....with Ancient Glyphs or not....but here is where I am as of this Morning... I dyed it with Leather Dye...sealed it with Danish Oil and topped it off with Bear grease and Beeswax...tryed something new on the Sinew...I dyed it too ..but only in spots to give it  a distinct look....made a new 16 strand Flemish Twist String for it this Morning out of B50...the Bow has taken less than 3/4" of Set...and has about 1 1/2" of post-strung String Follow...it is a sweet Bow to shoot...seeing as how it is a straight shot ...due to the wave in the Limb right above the Grip....no stack....and shoot like a Texas Breeze....I am really happy o how it has turned out so far....it is as fast as my Osage Recurve...but quieter to shoot...and I didn't think that was possible!

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2010, 02:25:14 pm »
Looks great Mike I like the effect of the dyed sinew :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:59 pm »
Thanks Dana....I was going to Dye the Sinew Red...but I can't find the Bottle........ :-[..here is the Money Shot that someone wanted

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:38:02 pm by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »
Tiller looks real nice Mike but I'm wondering where ya found the big ape to draw it ;) >:D

Manistique, MI