Author Topic: Christmas Storm Bow  (Read 34871 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Christmas Storm Bow
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »
Give it a break Dana.....Dats Me ....Eh!!! So's I put on a few pounds like da Bears do fer da Long Cold Winter dontchano....come da Springtime....I'm gunna look like dat Mullet character...ya no...dat 6'2" tall Black Haired Ripped Karate Chopper frum sum wheres in dat Florida State...where all dem Snow Birdz go.... ;D

Oh ....I forgot to add...the Bow came in at 65# @ 29" of Draw...3/4" of Set....I was going to put Pin Nocks on it...but decided that these would look better with the Recurved Tips...I warned you at the Beginning...this was not for BOM...it is just a Plain Jane Bow....that will Make Meat...thats all I was Shooting for the Day I started taking my Frustrations on the Texas Road Commission out on this Mystery Stave..... >:D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:45:42 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »
Wow, what a fine looking bow Mike!  I NEED to do a recurve like that!!

Nate
Nate Danforth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:25 pm »
nice job Mike :o
i was looking at those finished pics and said "nice looking bow"
then i seen the money shot and said"he nailed the tiller too"
the wife agreed

not for BOM ???
thats the kind i like voting for,its and effective weapon.
shows what it is thru desing and tiller,not necassarily the prettiest girl at the dance
but affective dancer all the same
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2010, 03:21:25 pm »
Thanks Tim....I appreciate you honesty.... :P......This Bow is more like Pat Benatar.....Loud....rough and gruff....and parties all night with the Big Dogs....not like Shakira....all soft...sexy and all smooth around the edges.this is definitely one that I can take out and not have to worry about How You Treat Her........ >:D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:24:43 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gmc

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2010, 03:48:08 pm »
Been waiting on this one. A very nice primitive touch with a "killer tiller". Is the handle doing any work, Mike?

Excellent Job!
Greg
Central Kentucky

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2010, 03:54:26 pm »
Greg...it does bend through the Handle...but not like a D-Bow does....but you can definitely feel it work
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gmc

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2010, 04:00:25 pm »
I know exactly what you mean, and thought that it may be working a little through the handle.

Hope you got more of the mystery wood, looks like really good stuff. Again, nice bow dude.

Greg
Central Kentucky

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2010, 04:28:35 pm »
Coulda been a contender...
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Parnell

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2010, 06:46:50 pm »
Just checked back in on this and saw the results.  Wow - I really like that one.  Awesome job!
1’—>1’

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »
Coulda been a contender...

I dunno...I ain't much for the Competitions..... O:)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jesse

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2010, 08:07:53 pm »
Tiller looks great on that Mike. Cool looking bow. One question. Are the sweat pants because you wanna be like our hero Jawge? ;D
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline DanaM

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2010, 09:00:02 pm »
One question. Are the sweat pants because you wanna be like our hero Jawge? ;D

I think the sweats are what he fits in Jesse, needs to get on the stairmaster and the total gym if he ever wants to be 6'2" and totally ripped ;) :D >:D

Ya I know Mike I will pay the price somewhere down the road :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2010, 09:08:31 pm »
 Jawge is my Hero....  8)....No seriously....I just feel comfortable in Sweats...period....if it's Winter....It's Sweats...Summer...it's Shorts...I hate Pants...and don't own any Drawers.... >:D...TMI........ :P

And Dana....I am still only 6'2" and 205....so I aint in need of no Treadmill or Stairmaster yet......... >:(
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »
Key wors is "Yet" LOL I should talk since I quit smoking all I do is eat might need to get me some "sweats" :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2010, 09:58:47 pm »
Thanks Tim....I appreciate you honesty.... :P......This Bow is more like Pat Benatar.....Loud....rough and gruff....and parties all night with the Big Dogs....not like Shakira....all soft...sexy and all smooth around the edges.this is definitely one that I can take out and not have to worry about How You Treat Her........ >:D
I think Pat Benatar is...was HOT! ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.