Author Topic: How do you store your staves  (Read 7810 times)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Re: How do you store your staves
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 11:21:27 pm »
Wow, hearing about how some of you have to stash your staves in corners and under workbenches, it's like you don't have enough room to store all of your staves correctly.

Being new to bowmaking and not having very many staves of my own (yet) and being such a generous person, I'll tell you what I'll do for you unfortunate people with too much wood and not enough space. You send me the staves you don't have room for and I'll "store" them where I have plenty of space I haven't filled yet in my basement workshop that stays around 68-70 degrees, 50-60% RH, bug free and dry year round.

No, don't thank me now, I know it's a truly generous offer and I'm putting myself out a little to use my storage space for your staves but I'll find "some way" to deal with it. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D ;)
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 11:41:59 pm »
Yoou mmmeeeann pa par part wi with sso  ssome of of  mm  my st st stash  :o

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 11:59:56 pm »
just to let you all know..that keenan has wood stashed every where...i even think he makes his wife sleep on the couch and staves in the bed :D :D...he does have one piece of yew that i still have my eye on...i will have to take it when he isn't looking. ;D...or make one heck of a trade for this one....john

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 12:47:23 am »
being a new to bow making the only staves I have are a coupe of red oak boards sitting on the basement floor...and 6 oak staves leaning against my pegboard in the garage.

The other oak log is laying on the gravel next to the pole barn.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 11:00:27 am »
 ;D  ;D

Majesticarcher

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 11:51:38 am »
I currenly have all my my staves leaning against the wall in a corner of my room. During the summer i put them in the attic sometimes if i want to speed dry a stave. My attic gets over 120 degrees in the summer.

Offline shamus

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 10:44:53 am »
My staves are stored standing up, in a spare closet inside the house (in order to keep the temp and RH at a constant).