Author Topic: Fellowship of the Yew  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Chiloquin

Fellowship of the Yew
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:51:22 pm »
Come and check us out on Facebook. We are a fellowship of young men ages ten to thirty nine on the path of rediscovery, in the ancient art of bow making!  Check out our progress as we work our yew staves and make various types of bows. We look forward to the lessons that transcend the stick and string, the sore arms and the sweat we share with our ancestors. Come and be a part of our fellowship!

Nate Bailey

Offline medicinewheel

Re: Fellowship of the Yew
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:46:39 pm »
Sure, why not...but how???
Frank from Germany...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 07:59:45 pm »
Nate,
 Welcome to the PA forum.  Are you from Chiloquin?   I live up in Bend and Juniper Junky has a place down there in your neck of the woods. I logged onto facebook to look you up but there is little or no history on your account. This is a great site and plenty to do here with plenty of great bowyers to learn from.  Before coming in and trying to pull everyone to your site on your first post, please look around here and get to know some of the folks and stay for a while.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:07:52 pm »
Welcome, and PA also has a site on Facebook. Check it out.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 01:32:48 am »
well,well,well...look who stepped out of the wood work...its good to hear you are around..and i am so glad to see this...i hope you guys are having fun with the wood..BLESSINGS...JOHN

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 05:31:02 pm »
Come and check us out on Facebook. We are a fellowship of young men ages ten to thirty nine on the path of rediscovery, in the ancient art of bow making!  Check out our progress as we work our yew staves and make various types of bows. We look forward to the lessons that transcend the stick and string, the sore arms and the sweat we share with our ancestors. Come and be a part of our fellowship!

Nate Bailey

You're a bit late, this "ancient" art has been explored and rediscovered and the progress in underway right here at PA hundreds of times each year for many years now.  You are welcome to join us though  :)
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:31:41 pm »
welcome to the home of the hoplessly infected :D once here, there is no turning back, your life could be changed. would like to see what you guys are up to. if you are in chiloquin, i would love to meet up you when I go down to my cabin. post some pics of what you are doing.

Offline tombo

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 10:34:22 pm »
I'm with Marc, this is where the action is and it's great. I don't do "facebook" and such, too old to get sucked in to more than the internet and cell phones. I'm stopping right here.
Tom

Offline Chiloquin

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 06:40:08 pm »
Johnny
is that you? Are you still killin blackies? how are the bows coming? Hope things are good for you! Where are you at now? Nate

Keenen
thanks for the invite, I usta hang around here along time ago under the name Winema. The reason I posted "the fellowship of the yew" site was that I know allot of people here love to see youngsters put their video games down long enough to use their hands for something usefull, and that is what the fellowship is all about! I Just thought you guys might like to follow our progress, not trying to step on toes.

Juniper Junkie
I was born and raised in Chi-town. I don't live there at the moment but I am going to move back as soon as I figure out a way to make a living over there. My parents still live there and I am over there twice a month.

Offline Chiloquin

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:07 pm »
Mullet, I linked to the PA facebook page, Great Stuff!

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 10:48:21 pm »
yes nate,its me.....NO,i am not killing any blacktails..and things are good...i am living in the DEVILS DEN (PRINEVILLE) get me out.. ;D ;D....in some way i would like to be back but in others i dont..i just really miss hunting blacktails in the late season...i hope you and misty are doing well...later john

Offline Chiloquin

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 11:15:28 pm »
Prineville I would give my right leg to live in Prineville....... Here is a picture from just east of prineville Aaron's youth tag.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:49 pm »
wow,that is a great pic...the boys are getting big...i will switch spots any day of the week brother.did you get the elk in the grizzly unit..john

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 11:38:32 pm »
Nice pic Nate, Don't worry no toes stepped on here. Glad to here that you've been around  for awhile.  I think what your doing is great. If you get up this way, stop in for a visit. Just don't be trying to pull John back down south. ;D We are kinda liking having him in this area. I keep trying to tell him If he'd move from the hole, over here closer to Bend that things would look allot brighter ;D

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 12:02:42 am »
AHHHHH KEENAN,you all most broke my heart  ;D....and you are probely right about the hole...john