Author Topic: Bow Finish  (Read 13387 times)

Offline Michael C.

Re: Bow Finish
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 04:19:14 pm »
Yeah I have had good luck with it bringing out birds eye in some Ponderosa Pine, but it's not as much pop as chemicals do. I'm like you I just don't like dealing with chemicals if I have to, did enough of that when I was in college  ;D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline shamus

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 11:22:45 am »
thoughts of mine on different bow finishes: http://analogperiphery.blogspot.com/2009/02/selfbow-finishes.html

hope it helps

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 11:47:24 am »
Artus...that Minwax Antique Oil Finish is a combination of Linseed Oils and Varnish...it should work just fine....but they really don't reccommend it for Outside Use....so I think I would still stick to the Wipe On Poly or Tru Oil myself....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 12:32:46 pm »
Wow I feel like I said something right now, all except the heat gun boiling part, I just apply it in two parts and rub it till my hand feels like it's going to burn off. I've heated up the oil sometimes but never put the beeswax in with it. That way sounds much easier with boiling or heating it with the gun. The third eye comment made me laugh. Maybe the unnatural stuff doesn't offer too much more water resistance than I thought, but I have noticed a difference in shooting, maybe it's just my bows I'm making :)

"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero