Author Topic: osage bow with hole in the limb  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: osage bow with hole in the limb
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 06:48:07 am »
Cool,I knew you would check in sooner or later.Good to hear from you Chuck,king of the hole in the limb bows. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 12:11:22 pm »
George Nagel was the first person I met when i became interested in bow building about 5 years ago, had i known what an accomplished bowyer he was at the time i would have spent a lot more time with him before he retired.

I saw a posting on another forum that he and another bowyer from MN were getting together to build bows one weekend, so i kind of invited myself to George's house. What i learned is that George and Chad Holm (the other MN bowyer that was there) are two of the nicest guys around. Chad was getting into building FG bows so he gave me all the osage and HHB staves he had on hand, about 12 osage and 2 or 3 HHB. George gave me one of the nicest osage staves i have ever seen, i still have that one, i'm waiting for it to call my name for a special bow, but i think i can hear it murmur at me when i walk by it  :)

Chad now hosts a bow building weekend every summer at his place in brainerd, i've tried to get George to come to it, but he's so hard to get a hold of.

I wish George were still active online, but i sure can't blame him for retiring, i think he moved to his cabin in Wisconsin? lucky guy
45# at 27"

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 01:12:28 pm »
I've done a couple. Here's one with a small hole.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 03:25:06 pm »
.... George gave me one of the nicest osage staves i have ever seen, i still have that one, i'm waiting for it to call my name for a special bow, but i think i can hear it murmur at me when i walk by it  :)

Yes, they sure do murmur at you when you walk by; I heared them do that, too!  ;D ;D ;D
Frank from Germany...

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 03:35:22 pm »
Woah some bows are holier than others  ;D I think if I make one with a hole as big as those I would have to name it "holier than thou".
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero