Author Topic: bow quivers  (Read 2759 times)

Offline hedgeapple

bow quivers
« on: November 24, 2009, 09:10:39 pm »
This has probably be discussed a bunch of times but I couldn't find it.  I see many of you are using quivers that are attached to your hunting bows.  How do you attach them?  And, I want to be able to remove the quiver, maybe not during the hunt, but definitively after hunting season.

Thanks, Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: bow quivers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:34:21 pm »
Many bow quivers either slide over each limb or strap on to the limb so they are easy to remove. For the slip on type you do have to remove the string first.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:34:59 pm »
Pat, thanks.  I understand the concept but how are they constructed?  I guess I should have been more specific.  Is the part that attaches to the limb made of wood?  How is it kept secure without rattling?  Is it a clamp type device?  I am familiar with the old Kwiki-Kwivers.  I would just prefer not to attach a rubber device to my bow primitive bow, just a looks thing.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:12:05 am »
I found a build along on google acouple months back...I believe kegan posted a question on this topic in the anything else section...the build along gave directions on how to build a bow quiver out of leather and looked like the straps were made out of leather shoe strings...ill try to find it

-Ky
GBR!

Offline mox1968

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:23:39 am »
thats a very good thread,I have been looking around to see if anyone makes their own bow mounted quivers??Seems to be the only thing there is a real shortage of or are they too awkward to make??

Offline Cromm

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:22:10 pm »
I am making one at the moment from the link that was posted on here somewhere.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline adb

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 12:42:33 am »
I use one of those strap-on ones, with the stretchy rubbers, but it only works on thin and flat limbed bows. I must say, I actually prefer a bow quiver for hunting.