Author Topic: Mary Rose handplane  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Jaro

Mary Rose handplane
« on: November 16, 2009, 06:46:43 am »
Hello, I made replica of that plane couple of years ago and gave it to one of my friends. I have unfortunatelly lost all my computer data recently due to very agressive virus. (3,5 Gb gone)
I want to make me another replica, this time more accurate. Does anybody have the picture of the arrowplane with dimensions?

Also, having lost all my data, If anybody of you have pictures of both originall bows and replicas I could use (not post on internet) I would very much appreciate a CD or upload somewhere. This plead also pictures of my bows and things I posted since they are off course gone too.....

Thanks for help.

Jaro

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:26:26 am by Jaro »

Yewboy

Re: Mary Rose handplane
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 07:32:30 am »
Hi Jaro
I think Mark has a good picture of the plane but not the dimensions, I will see if I can get a copy of it and email it to you.
Cheers

Offline Jaro

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:28:43 am »
Thank you Steve, I  try ask Markfor the picture, he has my email. If you find something usefull I ll be much obliged. I have made me small tool chcest, with lockplate and lock for my medieval tools, so I hope to make me this plane again. My buddy uses it for his poplar arrows, he says its very good tool.
I have block of hornbeam just begging to be carved.

Jaro

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:38:34 pm »
Jaro,
My condolences, that really stinks.  I lost a bunch of images of my pottery a few years ago and email/bookmarks several times.  I can't begin to imagine what you have lost.  Hopefully you can recover some/enough of it.  Have you looked into data recovery? Expensive I know, but this seems to be more than just a casual hobby for you.  I think I'll ask the wife to backup the computer again tonight...

That plane sounds like a fun project!  Would you mind sending me info if you get the chance?  Another thing to put on my bucket list.  ::)

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:35:43 pm »
Hi Jaro,
Sorry you had trouble with your computer.

I also would be interested in infofmation on the handplane, could you post the info so we all can share it or include me in your list of people to forward the info to.

Regards

Craig.

MO Hawkeye

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 10:46:29 pm »
I am interested in the plane.  Could you include me as well.  My email is as follows:  paulpinkston@ymail.com