Author Topic: minwax oil based stain, tb3, and snake skins...  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
minwax oil based stain, tb3, and snake skins...
« on: November 05, 2009, 11:41:00 pm »
I am finishing out "creaky bow" and was wondering if i am gonna have a hard time getting my snake skins to stick to her with the stain job i just put on.  will titebond 3 stick to oil based stain?  I really don't wanna waste this snake, so any help would be great guys!  Thanks for lookin!   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: minwax oil based stain, tb3, and snake skins...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:06:22 am »
I've never used the stain but you could scrape it off the back or use acetone and steel wool on it to cut the oil first.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:52:48 am »
Just spray the bow with poly or urathane than glue the skins on, and spray one or more times after
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Josh

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:41:17 am »
thanks guys!!!   ...and good to hear from you, manny.  where have you been with all the guava bows lately?  :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:11:41 pm »
Het Josh, not being working on bows for months now, or bowhunting much for that matter, spending all my time surfing and hunting the female kind  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Josh

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 01:16:36 pm »
LOL hope you get a nice-un! Chasing a different kinda rack eh?   ;D  -josh  :)