Author Topic: Bow making can be detrimental to your mentallity  (Read 13259 times)

Offline Kegan

Re: Bow making can be detrimental to your mentallity
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 06:37:01 pm »
It seems that it is all part of being a bowyer. I know the location of every potential bow tree and all the small stands of arrow sapplings. But I still can't for the life of me remember anything else. At all. I wonder if I'm gonna have to start wearing a name tag in case I wander off and nice strangers ask me who I am and what the heck am I doing carrying seven trees through the woods at one time ;D...

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 08:41:32 pm »
I've been saying lately, that if I focused as hard on my work as I do on bowbuilding or archery in general, I'd be running the company in no time. :D

But it wouldn't be near as much fun!

Offline Aries

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 10:40:15 pm »
Man you got it good thats the way vacations should be somethin for both of ya >:D  Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 04:10:04 pm »
I hear you Marius.  My wife wanted to plant something around the pool. I planted arrow bamboo.  ;D  I Just planted 5 osage trees, and got 144 osage seeds planted in my greenhouse.  My wife must really love me, because she does know.  Justin

Nah, wives don't love us because or despite of our "idiosyncrasies",  They just know how much trouble it would be to train the next knuckle dragger to a tolerable level only to find out that that one's hangups are just as bad!

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 06:06:46 pm »
I hear you Marius.  My wife wanted to plant something around the pool. I planted arrow bamboo.  ;D  I Just planted 5 osage trees, and got 144 osage seeds planted in my greenhouse.  My wife must really love me, because she does know.  Justin

Nah, wives don't love us because or despite of our "idiosyncrasies",  They just know how much trouble it would be to train the next knuckle dragger to a tolerable level only to find out that that one's hangups are just as bad!

Swamp

aint that the truth
mines told me more than once that i am just her man beast.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 08:14:56 pm »
 Friendship Bow, What's that? ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 11:15:42 pm »
Thats what is on the front burner again. ::)  Worked on one of them a little yesterday. Time to get off my butt and get my part done and out  ::) :'(