Author Topic: My first point.  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Parnell

My first point.
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:11:12 pm »
Well, I made several circles.  This is the first that took some shape.  This really is a lot of fun, I'm getting hooked. 
The picture of it hafted has notches in the head.  I made pine pitch last week for the first time, also.  That was cool.  Also, the cane I took from the yard, got my first batch of natural turkey primaries so I'm getting ready to do my first non-jig fletch.

Man, I love this stuff!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: My first point.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »
Looks way better than my first.Nice job. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:55 pm »
Sounds like an addiction :o ;) Good job eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »
That aught to make meat - good job man!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 08:49:25 pm »
 There you go! Real him in, Boys. ;D ;D ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 01:50:11 am »

See, it is not so difficult after all, AND, if you decide that you just can't knapp all you want, you can just quit, and go back to your previous mundane life.  It's easy to quit.  Uh huh, honnnest.  Now go to the store, and get your band aids, and sit by the rocks, and just pick one or two up, and just hold it, and say, "I can quit any time I want to"......Uh huh, it really is just that easy, now pick up your tools, and and the rock, and just hold them, and just, you know, kind of think, I wonder what kind of point or blade is in there?
    Turn the rock this way, and that way, and say yep, I can quit, it I want to, ......if I want to......If I......now where would be the best place to make my first spall......but after that I can quit, if I want to......Uh, huh, yes you can....uh huh..... ;)  Now pay no attention to Eddie, he is a pusher, I'm just a junkie.  Now imagine that point on the end of your homemade arrow, just as it has been released from your home made bow, and is in straight flight towards a kill zone on that big buck you rattled up, and is standing broadside, ten yd.s away.......it's ok, you can quit anytime......now imagine, if you will, that you are in the past,some four hundred years ago, and sitting not in your living room, but by a camp fire, in a small hunting encampment, getting ready for the hunt the next day, and you are knapping and preparing your medicine points, for the hunt, and imagine the look on little princess Spread Eagle, as she sees you carrying the biggest buck into the village, as her Father Big Chief Buffalo Wind, smiles at you and winks......no problem, you can quit anytime you want.  Just don't look in the mirror while holding the rock, or points made from it, that look is common, but not to worry......you can quit Anneeeeeetiiiiiiimmmmeee you want.  Uh huh, it is just that easy.  Right SailorDad? ;D ;D  We do, have a big support group here if needed. ;).......nice job, and a big step into the " Knapp Zone " ;D

Wayne

PeteDavis

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 08:23:09 am »

Great start! Grab some bandaids and keep gettin' it!

PD

Offline billy

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 11:41:37 am »
You might as well just give up trying to get treatment.....you're gonna get addicted and there isn't any getting away from it.  Just keep chipping points and doing the primitive thing.....that's the only way to subdue the urge. 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:38:00 pm »
Awesome to have postive feedback, guys, thanks!  You gave me a good laugh Stickbender, and I needed it today!

Hey Billy, I wasn't thinkin I'd use it but it's pretty sharp and after reading your ugly points information, I'm going with it.  Also, I was re-reading your primitive arrow making article, from a few issues ago, today, to brush up on the fletching - good stuff, man!

Thanks again guys.  More to come!
1’—>1’

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 11:39:58 pm »
good job and welcome to an the darkside!!!!

Cheers!!!

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 11:06:23 pm »
their not kidding about the band aids.  good job !