Author Topic: MY HUNTING GEAR..SNIPERBOWHUNTER..new PiCs!!!  (Read 11434 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: MY HUNTING GEAR!!! with enlarged photos!!!!! MUST SEE!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 10:14:32 pm »
Definitely looks like fun. :) Wondering though, does the material impede your shooting - when I have a heavy sweatshirt on or something like that, sometimes the sleeve catches up the string and takes off from cast. 
1’—>1’

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 01:09:25 am »
Im actually doing the same thing tomorrow....I got my Ghillie last week and havent been able to go out....Parnell....I think you might be right with the string catching the sleeve .... im would suggest wearing your armguard just to hold it down a bit.

-Ky
GBR!

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 01:27:56 am »
Better practice a lot with it on, and shooting the bow at various different cants, you'll probably find out the you need to trim quite a bit of material here and there (even on my buckskins I had to trim some of the fringes )

armguard would help, and a backquiver would too,...all in all good looking outfit, it will do the business.
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 01:58:20 am »
Manny is correct...I had to do some major trimming on the Jute on my Ghuille before it would not hit in different Positions....so make sure that you practice with it on...and shoot from different positions to make sure that there will be no Issues in the Field!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 03:16:24 am »
I  can't  imagine  hunting  with  a  ghille  with any strips  on  the  bow  arm, let  me know  how  that  works  out  for  you:)

"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 08:55:36 am »
HEY GUYS TO LET U KNOW THIS GHILLIE WAS DESIGNED WITH THE ARCHER IN MIND IT IS ONLY LIKE 8LBS. OF BREATHABLE MATERIAL AND OF JUTE...ONE PROBLEM THAT HAS OCCURED IS NOT FROM STRING CATCHING MY ARM AND GETTIN TANGLED IS U HAVE TO HIKE UP UR BRITCHES LIKE ERKEL A BIT THE BOTTOMS PICK UP LEAVES AND STIX...OTHERWISE THIS THING DONT FEAL LIKE UR WEARING ANYTHING...

GREAT VIDEO ON THE GHILLIE IVE SEEN THOSE ALREADY AWESOME

IF I HAD TO MAKE A QUICK EXIT IM GETTIN OUT WITH OR WITHOUT MY GHILLIE

ONE THING TO REMEMBER THIS IS A STALKING GHILLIE AS UR STANDING OR CROUCHING MOST OF THE TIME...U CAN TELL THIS AS MY SUIT IS COVERED WITH JUTE ALL THE WAY AROUND..THE CRAWLING GHILLIES ARE MISING THE WHOLE FRONT SIDE...U CAN SEE ON THAT VIDEO

YES KEN75 I THINK UR STARTING TO SEE I AM A NUT AND BE GLAD IM ON UR SIDE... ;)

HEY WHAT ABOUT MY BOW ITS KINDA PLAIN JANE BUT ITS A BEAST!!!! IT IS 60LB AT 28 IN FEEL LIKE 80LB FOR SOME REASON i COULDNT HOLD IT BACK TOO LONG MY KIDS WERE TAKING THE PICTURES THOSE 4 PICS TOOK LIKE AN HOUR TO GET CAUSE THEY WERE SHAKING THE CAMERA AROUND NOT BEING STEADY..THEY DID GOOD

OK THIS IS GETTIN A BIT LONG AND LIKE THE COMMENTS IT MAKES ME THINK AS WELL AS IT MAKES U GUYS THINK... FINAL NOTE I TOTALLY KREPT UP ON THE BUCK IM STALKING I WAS ALMOST IN SHOOTING RANGE WHEN A SQUIRREL CAME DOWN THE OAK TREE I WAS STANDING BY AND BOUNCED OFF MY HEAD..I WAS SCARED SH!T LESS AND BUCK STILL DIDNT SEE ME BUT TROTTED OFF....WOW AMAZING ALSO THE BUCK IS BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT AT MINIMUM HE LOOKS TO BE A BIG 8 AND SPREAD LOOKS TO BE AROUND 17INCHES WIDE....WISH ME LUCK..THANKS GUYS KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING....

END OF TRANSMISSION

VenomBOWslinger

Re: MY HUNTING GEAR..SNIPERBOWHUNTER..UCANTSEEME!!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 09:30:27 am »
OK FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SEE WHAT ID REALLY LOOK LIKE WITH HANDS AND FACE CAMO'D IL GET A FEW MORE PICS UP SO DONT GO TOO FAR PICS WILL BE POSTED WITH FULL DRAW!!!

CHEERS!!!

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 09:48:51 am »
awsome! i has a ghilliie suit, never thought bout ghillie-ing my bow though. nah. snake skin backings should work. i use a burnt cork for face paint, and wear gloves and black tinnis shoes when i hunt. i always thought that the jute would get in the way of the string, maby not. as soon as it gets cold enough im gunna try it. good stuff man!  ;D
lets just shoot it

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 10:11:16 am »
I PRACTICED A LOT AS LONG AS U DO SOAND UR CONSCIOUS OF UR SURROUNDINGS AND WHE U GO TO DRAW UR BOW UR WELL AWARE IN UR MIND WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TRUST ME UR NOT GONA GET TANGLE UP!  IT DOES TAKE TIME TO GET USED TO IT AND WITH OUT A DOUBT THE GHILLIE IS THE ULTIMATE FORM OF CONCEALMENT PRACTICE SHOOTING IN MANY WAYS TANDING CROUCHING DOWN HILL UP HILL ONE KNEE TWO KNEES ETC...AGAIN THIS SUIT DESIGNED TO STALK NOT TO CRAWL!!! THANKS FOR COMMENT!

CHEERS!!!

VenomBOWslinger

Re: MY HUNTING GEAR..SNIPERBOWHUNTER..new PiCs!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 11:37:36 am »
Ok well here are some new pics of my hands and face concealed...not the best but it works!!!  Also would like to apologize for anyone who reads my posts...it has been brought to my attention that typing in CAPS can portray an offensive message!!!  :'( :'( :'( Again I would like to apologize as I was typing on my phone and couldnt see too well but for now on il wait to use my computer!!!  Take a look at these!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 11:39:02 am »
me again

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 11:40:29 am »
again

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 11:41:48 am »
here ya go

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 11:42:57 am »
last one

Offline Canoe

• Progress - Not Perfection
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 02:05:10 pm »
Howdy VenomBslinger,

The suit looks like a really good idea, but I have to question its practicality.  As someone had suggested earlier, I think your suit will get caught on every branch, twig, leaf, stick and bramble within arms reach as you try to sneak or stalk through the woods. I'm afraid you'll find yourself unhooking those camo ribbins more often than actually hunting; looking for deer.

Furthermore, while hunting, I can't stand any kind of hood or mask that might obscure my peripheral vision.  Right now, I own three differant hood / masks, and each one fits snuggly over my head and face so to provide camo while giving me maximum vision. 

Also, when I went to put a finish on my huntin' bow, I painted on some dark brown stain so that it looked just like any ol' stick in the woods.

(Sorry.  I sound really negative like I'm trying to be sarcastic or mean.  It's not that at all.  I love the outdoors, and bow hunting.  And, in my nearly thirty years of bow hunting, I've come up with all sorts of "good ideas" that I've tried - some worked, some didn't. ;))

I sure do wish you all the best in your hunting and please let us know how that works out for you.

Be safe,
Canoe
"Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."  - R. W. Emerson

"Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit."    -Edward Abbey