Author Topic: Ed Scott on Utube  (Read 12569 times)

Offline Traxx

Re: Ed Scott on Utube
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 11:29:46 pm »
O Yeah!!!
Well Danos been down a trail er two hisself.Besides,he lives in Nevada,so that makes him better.LOL

And Yes,Ed does use Tb3 now as well.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 11:33:35 pm »
But he still insists on usein that Damn Yeller wood!!!! >:D

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 02:43:09 am »
... I  take it to heart when people of lesser knowledge start questioning Ed's methods and materials like they somehow know better.

Dano, many of the great ones I came across do things different from all the others, that's what makes them great ones.
(Also came across those who try to be different, hoping that makes them great ones.)
But the lesser may always question the greater, that's what the greater did when he was the lesser.
Thought it was the place to ask questions here? Even be questioning??
We are free to do that, aren't we???

And to make it very clear, I did not question Ed Scott's knowledge at all, I state he seems to do thinks different from all the others.

Frank from Germany...

Offline Dano

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 03:25:27 pm »
medicinewheel, thanks for bringing that up, I wasn't pissed because of a valid question, there are two types of questions, one will get help the other will be less than helpful. And yep we are free, to say about anything we like. Thanks to the men and women who protect this land.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:03:35 pm by Dano »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Shadow Walker

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 02:46:37 pm »
awesome video!! as for whether to use hide glue or TB, I've never tried tb and I've never done a sinew backed bow.But I do use hide glue for laminations.
I came across an interesting article on the net. I don't have a link for it, but it is entitled "A Note on Indian Bow Making
or the Secrets of Sinew Revealed "
It is very informative and well worth checking out if you are at all indesisive about the properties and performance of glues.

Offline Blah

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 10:24:27 pm »
I'm not sure if I should be drudging up this old post - but it seemed more appropriate that starting a new one, the subject matter is the same.

For those who watched the first 9 minute interview with Ed Scott, they have since released the interview in an 'uncut' format.  It's about 8 or 9 videos long, and he goes through some of his techniques.  I found it very interesting, and thought that some others who may have a couple hours to kill might enjoy watching him work.  He sure knows his stuff.

OH - this is my first post.  Hi everyone!  I'm Blah, and I'm from Calgary, Canada.  I haven't crafted a bow yet, but as soon as I have a spot in my garage I'm going to craft my first.  Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWVrNbEMqRg&feature=relmfu Is the first of the Uncut interview.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 12:27:27 am »
Got nothing against the man, and he does do some good work....BUT....His advertisement where he calls himself "bowyer extraordinare" always rubbed me the wrong way. Guess people can have opinions. :o
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 12:34:21 am »
I've met Ed Scott and got to hold some of his bows.  Bowyer extraordinare is an understatement.

Blah:  I've downloaded all the uncut videos on my computer at work.  I watch them every now and then when it is slow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 05:19:08 am »
It was this video that inspired me to take a try on bow-making. Especially the atmosphere of his workshop. I still need one of these stoves, however... :laugh: I watched it one night on youtube. Next day, I was out hunting for a piece of wood...
Don't shoot!