Author Topic: Ed Scott on Utube  (Read 12571 times)

Offline MaceG

Re: Ed Scott on Utube
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 11:24:44 pm »
The difference between a woodworker and a bowyer? Being born with it, because it can't be learned.
Ed Scott is a bowyer who never learned how to make a bow.  ;D
It's quite possible Ed Scott invented bow making.  ;)

Seems like a good old guy. Just ragging on him a little.
Set happens - Jawge

Offline Traxx

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 01:35:39 am »
Go back and watch the Video again.apparently there is a comprehension propblem here.If i seem a bit hostile,its because Ed is a personal friend of mine.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 01:37:22 am »
Go back and watch the Video again.apparently there is a comprehension propblem here.If i seem a bit hostile,its because Ed is a personal friend of mine.

Met Ed once in New Mexico....and I am telling You....The man is way Cool....I hope to be as Sharp as a Tack at His Age!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Traxx

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 01:55:11 am »
Knowing Ed and his family is a great honor to me.

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 10:57:38 am »
I haven't met him (yet), but he made me a white oak bow last year that I have been using since.  It is superb.  One of these days I would like to go down there and spend a week in one of his guided classes.  There is a lot of experiance there.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 01:04:38 pm »
Sweeney,
It would be well worth your time and money.I Gaurantee it.You will come away with a lot more than bowyer skills.

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 01:28:23 pm »
Nice video. Really enjoyed it. Was wondering though about what kind of glue he was using putting on the sinew. Looked real white color to me. Didn't look like hide glue but maybe I am wrong. Dean

Offline Traxx

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 02:39:00 pm »
Ed was useing Tite bond glue in that video.

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 08:58:31 pm »
So this was interesting.  I don't mean to sidetrack this thread here, but I think it's really neat.  I have been shooting the white oak Owl bow that I ordered from Mr. Scott almost exclusivly for a year now.  The only other bow I've shot is what I have made.  Not even in the same league, but that is beside the point...

...a couple days ago, on a whim, I took the perfectly good (unused for the past year) production model fibreglass longbow that initially got me into traditional archery down off the wall, strung it, and shot it.  It felt like I was pulling a car out of a ditch, kicked like a mule, and I couldn't hit my a@@ with both hands and three tires with it.  This after getting used to that superbly sweet shooting, non-stacking, hard hitting, accurate, ALL WOOD AND SINEW bow that Mr. Scott made.  AND, it is just pretty to look at too.  It's overflowing with personality and charisma. 

I think there is something special about all wood bows, even if they stink (like mine do so far), but there is really something impressive about a piece of art made by a uniquly talented craftsman.  His is the type of quality of nature and workmanship that produces classics that endure for a long, long time. 

Offline red pony

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 01:06:34 pm »
GREAT POST!  HOPE I GET A CHANCE TO MEET THIS MAN SOMEDAY. 

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »
Nice video, thanks.
He's so right about having that sense of proportion. What I'd call having a good eye.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Little John

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 10:55:59 pm »
Thanks for posting, great bowyer and archer. Grants, N.M. is not so far from where I live, hope to drop in on him some day.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 11:44:10 pm »
Little John....where do you live?? Around Gunnison?
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »
Mike, no I live in Cortez Colorado S.W. corner. Can shoot a flight arow into Utah, Arizona, or New Mexico almost.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »
OK....knoiw just where you are at.....west of Durango....near Mesa Verde National Park....been there to see all of the Cliff dwellings with the Kids when they were Young
2024...We Will Overcome