Author Topic: Hickory Splittin PICS!!! With my FIRST HICKORY BOW!!!  (Read 3028 times)

VenomBOWslinger

Hickory Splittin PICS!!! With my FIRST HICKORY BOW!!!
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:44:41 pm »
Here are some pics of me splittin Hickory...I found a grove of it behind my house!! Also a hickory long bow I made!!! I'm not a professional taking pics these are off my phone!!! Hope u enjoy them!!
CHEERS!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:37:54 am by VenomBOWslinger »

Offline dwardo

Re: Hickory Splittin PICS!!! WITH FULL DRAW HICKORY LONGBOW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 05:28:40 am »
Nice looking bow and plenty more in the backround :)

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:13:16 am »
Thanks for ur reply DWARDO u do mitey fine work urself!!!! ;)

The Bow Hickory 68'' strung 60#@28''

CHEERS!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:18:18 am by VenomBOWslinger »

PeteDavis

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:15:05 am »
Cool. I live among a zillion hickories. What diameter tree do you get your staves from?

PD

It may be time to go from board bow (I love it)  to a stave bow I think for next season....

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:25:07 pm »
Thanks PETE nice pic of ur BOW arrows looks great as well the one I harvested was about 8'' in diameter at the butt.. and was 40' long after being topped at 3'' in diameter it was so tall and straight it was almost destined to be cut!!!  I see about 20 more of em some a bit bigger and on property line so unless someone comes at night and helps me some of em will have to stay ;)!!  Thanks sooo much to take the time out to reply, I appreciate that alot.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Hickory Splittin PICS!!! MEMBERS POST UR BOWS HERE WE STARTED UR TURN!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »
Nice stash and good looking bow,tiller looks good ,it should be a good shooter.Looks like
shag bark ? :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

VenomBOWslinger

Re: Hickory Splittin PICS!!! MEMBERS POST UR BOWS HERE WE STARTED UR TURN!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 12:58:37 pm »
GOOD EYE and thnx PAPPY that stuff is so heavy and dense i worked up a sweat dragging it down hill!  The bow shoots amazing only thing I find is that it pulls harder than 60#  wait a minute thats cause Im shooting slightly longer arrows than 28'' dang it!! LOL PAPPY so far so good I am new to most of this and I was able to share pictures and it is been exciting for me!!! I am constantly checking my phone at work for emails and litterely watching the ''P.A." message boards all day. I'm currently waiting on a new draw knife to come in so I can start on some of that hickory....WOOHOOO....if u would like some let me know.. I'm not greedy!!!