Author Topic: "BUCK FEVER"  (Read 6955 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: "BUCK FEVER"
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 02:45:23 pm »
Every time I get excited Jumped a cow elk coupla weeks ago don't know who paniced more her or me.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 09:07:49 pm »
 hahaha, at 16 you'd think it wouldn't happen often, but i get that when a big doe comes rollin in  ;D  thats great to hear, and good luck my friend, please, post a few picsof sucess or even nature shots, always good to see. -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 12:11:31 am »
I am always proud to hear stories of other hunters getting caught up in the passion of the hunt... as long as your heartbeat is racing... the thrill of the hunt is still alive.. good on you brother for sharing your experience.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 09:20:22 pm »
Boo,

I guess I am lucky that I don't know enough to have buck fever yet as I 62 I have just started hunting!  A couple of weeks ago I watched six does for over an hour in my little hole under a willow tree...just waiting...sure was fun...closest they got was 40 yards out...too far for me....but sure was fun just watching them...  Liked your thoughts about self bows...makes me want the snakey osage bow I am working on to work out!!

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline boo

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 11:04:44 pm »
Yea Rand, when you put so much more of yourself into the hunt ,it just makes the hunt , that much more meaningful.
Boo