Author Topic: question about hickory backing  (Read 1846 times)

Offline larze_fat

question about hickory backing
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:48:45 pm »
hello everybody this is my first thread here and i have a question about a hickory board a got. I got it and when the place I got it from cut the end off I saw that the grain was twisted  :-[ and the company that gave it to be didn't charge me for it so I didnt think it would be pollite to ask for another one. So my question is that if instead of using one layer for a backing if I could use two layers and flip one of the boards 180 degrees it that would work? the grain ater glueing them up would look something like this <<<< if you dont get it i will explain it better                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: question about hickory backing
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:06:55 pm »
Welcome to PA.
I don't think I understand. Can you post pics of the board? one of the end grain, another of the top side and one of the edge.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »
 ??? ??? ??? :-[ ??? ??? ???
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:00:07 am »
I guess I know what you mean: if you do as intended and get a flat grain thin backing piece you should be fine! It's a tri-lam then!
Welcome to PA.
Frank from Germany...

Offline larze_fat

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 04:42:04 pm »
yes, it would be a tri-lam bow and im sorry i cant post any pics because i dont have a digital camera