Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

curly maple showcase

<< < (2/3) > >>

DBernier:
JeZZZZZZZZZ!  :o   Pat, it's too bad stuff like this wasen't easly transportable, like to the NC trad bow shoot. ;D  People would die to see stuff like that. ::)  I was thinking of bringing my wagon wheel display but it weighs a TON.  >:(   Will post photos of it soon. Have to actknowledge those that donated to it. It looks cool.

Dick Bernier

Bob S.:
I was just looking at your showcase Pat. It's a beauty. Is it something you made yourself? nice looking artifacts too. Are they local finds? A friend got me into artifact hunting several years ago and I'm obsessed with it now. We went out and took a look this afternoon as a matter of fact. The farmers in this area (central ny) are getting into high gear with the field work now, so the hunting is starting to get good.

Pat B:
Bob, The showcase was made by a friend in Bluffton, SC, where we used to live. It was one of the first pieces out of his new shop sometimes back in the 80's.  Most of the artifacts came from the Bluffton area between Savannah, Ga and Hilton Head Is. SC.  No natural stone down there so every rock you find was brought in. Here in the mountains of NC where we live now there are so many rocks that I have only found a few artifacts in 17 years. :(
I used to spend hours on end looking for artifacts. It's very relaxing work.   Pat

Bob S.:
You're friend is a master craftsman Pat. That's a beautiful piece of furniture and the fact that it was made by a friend makes it even better. I'm sorry to hear that the artifacts are scarce where you live. I agree that artifact hunting is relaxing work. I thought one time that if I had ten dollars an hour for all the time I've spent outdoors I'd be a rich man. After thinking about it for a minute I realized that I am.

Minuteman:
Goodness, thats purty!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version