Author Topic: brewin' cover scent  (Read 10427 times)

Offline fencepost

Re: brewin' cover scent
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 03:54:21 pm »
a coffee can of leaves or hay works well  just burn the leaves and stand in the smoke

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 11:55:35 pm »

I would forgo the walnuts.  They will fermint.  Just go with plain pine needles, and maybe the vanilla.  Hmmm, what about bears in the area.  "Man, that was a tasy human, wish it had some hot sauce on it." ;D  OOOh, do you smell walnuts? :o

Wayne

Stringman

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 02:47:29 pm »
Love the visual there Wayne. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I live in IL so no bears... But I will try the brew this year without walnuts and see if that helps to cut out the fermenting.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 10:35:09 pm »
well i dont try to cover my sent i am testing something this season every day i will put a small amount of the washing detergent in the blind with a Tshirt and i think after awhile the animals will get use to the smell and think nothing of it. this morning i was down wind and this evening the wind shifted and a doe came 15 yards from me and almost in my shooting area so i think its working :). since i hunt in my front yard i have seen a herd of deer come up when i left the radio playing the night before . so my theory is if they get use to it with no harm for awhile then it becomes part of the environment. i will let yall know if it works lol ttyl

Sterling 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 07:59:03 am »
Sterling an oldtimer I knew when I was kid always left an old coat or shirt with his scent on it out at his stand.
Hmmm come to think of it he always shot a nice buck too :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI