Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 87944 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2010, 05:14:14 pm »
Dang Pat I was getting ready to practice some new procedures I learned in School on your back >:D. And no they did not include a Kilt.  ::)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2010, 01:32:02 pm »
Remind me to eat right and exercise.
And to keep my distance from nurses wearing kilts ;D

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: TomB Memorial Bow, DELIVERED!
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2010, 04:19:08 pm »
My friend Alan Brown came over today and brought Patrick with him today. After a bit of chatting I told Patrick I had something for him. I then showed him the set and explained how it all came about. Patrick was literally speechless! He couldn't believe the wonderful gifts and especially that it is intended as a memorial for his Dad from his friends at PA.  8)
   Patrick asked me to get contact info from everyone involved so if you guys would e-mail or PM that info to me, I'll pass it on to Patrick.  A beautiful day made more beautiful. Thanks to all participants. Our gifts and gesture were deeply and sincerely appreciated by Patrick!  8)
   Here are a few pics from today. Sunny, temp 58deg, slight breeze.

For those of you that don't know Alan, he's the ugly one with the beard!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2010, 07:53:50 pm »
Pat, that's great! I'm glad that Patrick has the set now, and I hope that he treasures and enjoys it. Patrick is a good kid, I think a lot of him, as I thought a lot of his Dad.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2010, 07:58:28 pm »
                         I am just glad that He is Happy...and that I had a chance to be part of this Memorial Project
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2010, 08:04:21 pm »
Very Cool. The smile says it all.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2010, 08:05:02 pm »
Hey Pat,
The smile was great you can not replace that at all. I miss Tom great coffee, good guy. The camp fire will be loneley with out him.

I miss Tom!!!

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2010, 09:13:02 pm »
 That picture was the Best! Miss Hillbilly said it all. Tom's coffee, sitting around the campfire and watching him roll his cigarette, well,, I'll surely miss a good friend. We need another hunt at the Farm with Patrick, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #428 on: February 21, 2010, 11:12:59 pm »
Great to see Patrick finally recieve this! What a great day for it, nice pics Pat and his smile says it all. Tom will be missed at all the events and I'm glad I had a chance to be at several events with him.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2010, 12:00:17 am »
Nice to see Patrick happy with the gear.  I met Patrick at Pappy's last year.  He was a really nice kid.  Hopefully this will help just a little with his loss.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:50 am »
Patrick was so surprised.  ;D  He is a great kid. I've known Patrick since he was 8 or 9 and have watched him grow into a nice, polite young man. Hopefully he will be at NC State Shoot at Hickory and maybe the Classic. Alan told him he has a seat in his truck any time. ;)
  I glad to finally get these gifts to Patrick. I thought the day would never come  ::) and I'm sure many of you guys were wondering too. Things happen for a reason and today couldn't have been nicer...and Patrick knows now that he does still have friends out there. He's been through a lot over the last few years and I'm sure he's been feeling lonely lately. Well, he knows now!!! 8)
  Thanks everyone. We done good. And thanks to Dana for instigation the whole project!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #431 on: February 22, 2010, 07:44:04 am »
That's great Pat.He looked like he liked it. That is great and hope it brings his a little pleasure
using the stuff.Great bunch of folks come through as usual. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #432 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »
Hey... I remember him from the Classic last year, what a great guy.  Glad to see this memorial come full circle.  I never really knew Tom, but what you guys made in tribute to him lets me know he was  a great man, too.  Great work everyone.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline stickbender

« Reply #433 on: February 22, 2010, 02:45:57 pm »

I met Tom at the Dade City (Withlachoochee River park ) Knapp in, before his passing.  Didn't get to spend too much time with him, but in the short time, I did, I knew he was a good man.  I never got to taste his coffee, but I will take your word for it being GOOD coffee !  I did buy some arrow bamboo from him though.  Really nice guy.  I am glad that his Son got the gifts, and WHAT gifts too! :o  A good job by all, and especially to Dana for suggesting the Memorial in the first place.  ;)  It will be a gift that will be a fond reminder of his Dad, and of the type of people on this site, and something to pass on down the line. 8)  Kudos to all involved, a great idea, and a great gift of rememberance.  I am sure he will treasure those gifts for the rest of his life.  As Pat said, Y'all done good! 8)

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #434 on: February 22, 2010, 02:53:14 pm »
Man wish I could have been there but hopefully Patrick will make it the the Classic and hopefully I make it.
I only met Tom at the Classic last year but he took a liking to me for some odd reason and I liked him from the get go :)
I'm glad we all came together for this project and Patricks smile says it all eh :)
Pat thanks for co-ordinating the project and thanks to everyone that participated and/or cheered from the sidelines.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI