Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 88772 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2009, 04:25:07 pm »
I'm finally getting around to making the quiver today, or at least starting on it. Got rained out of work.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2009, 06:27:26 pm »
I'm working a little something for the project seeing as how the stave didn't work, I felt I should do something else :)
Will post pics when I hae em done as for what I building you will have to wait and see :D
Mike is right Pappy and Greg are doing a lot of work on the bow and they have my thanks for doing so, of course I know they love building bows
so i'm sure its a labor of love anyway ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »
Yes, Thanks to Pappy and Greg for their hard work. Thanks to all who have contributed.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2009, 05:22:58 am »
Not a problem,we love doing it ,just don't want to hold things up.BigA had this pretty close
anyway.Just needed a little tweaking and flipping the tips and tip work.It is smooth to draw just need some weight taken off. This will be great and I am sure he is going to love this stuff. :) Great
bunch of guys here to do this for him.All of yall. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2009, 07:49:48 am »
You're all welcome, I enjoy the bow making as Dana said...

As Pappy mentioned, don't forget BigA's contribution to this effort. The bow we're now using was tillered with a layer of sinew all completed by BigA prior to his donating it. Pappy put some recurve in the tips and is tweaking the tiller and draw weight. I did the overlays.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2009, 08:38:35 am »
Thanks Anthony :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline BearG

« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2009, 10:59:07 am »
Well just read this post for the first time.  I remember talking to Tom at the Classic for a few minutes seemed like a great guy.  No other sport, hobbies, or addiction I've have ever took part in would have had so many caring and giving people as this.  My hat is off to all of you.  Just wish I had the skills to do something as well.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2009, 09:22:44 pm »
BearG    You already have... ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2009, 11:31:24 am »
Will everyone involved please have someone take a pic of you(or ya'll) with your contribution. I'm am writing an article for PA and need high resolution pics to send in to Ed. Please be sure they are high resolution.(or I'll sick Dana on ya!  ;D )
  Guys, there in no real rush. Take your time but don't procrastinate. ;D

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics to...
    marciaandpat@citcom.net

If you would like to make a short comment as a caption for your pic, that would be great. If anyone would like to add a little personal anecdote to the article please send that to me also. With all the pics there probably won't be much room so please keep it short and sweet.
I'll need a list of the participants and their contribution(s) so I don't leave anyone out.
Thanks to everyone involved, both physically and emotionally.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2009, 12:24:58 am »
   With 2 work-less rainy days this week I had plenty of time to cut up the hide and stitch it back together as this quiver. The skin is axis deer that Jeff Utley tanned and contributed for this project. Jeff, the hide was a pleasure to work with. The stiffness is perfect for a quiver. Jeff did a beautiful job with this hide. I'll take better pics when the weather clears up. I couldn't stand not sharing this with ya'll. I am pleased with how it came out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2009, 12:33:52 am »
very nice.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2009, 12:54:19 am »
WOW! ;D  You did a great job Pat!  I am thankful I got to contribute something to the project.  The quiver is quite amazing...I may have to replicate it with another hide  :D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2009, 03:49:10 am »
Thats an Awesome Quiver Pat....got time for another one............... ;D Sent you some Pictures....Hope that they will do.

Michael
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2009, 07:53:18 am »
Very nice Pat,well done. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2009, 08:01:09 am »
Beautiful job Pat, and very nice hide Jeff! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...