Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 88762 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2009, 07:05:37 am »
I will send it on in a week or 2. Just need to shoot it some more and maybe tweak it a little. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:05 pm »
Thanks for your contribution Pappy and Greg. I'm sure Tom appreciates it!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2009, 04:53:39 am »
Wow! Just found and read thru this whole thread...Great job everyone!...keep it goin..
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline cracker

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2009, 04:20:09 pm »
Dana
  Work has been crazy lately had one day off in the last 6 weeks. Fianally got to start on the hawk saturday. Should be done by Thursday. Sorry for the wait. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2009, 05:04:33 pm »
Ok getting close to being done on the knife.. If any of you guy's that are good with leather would like to make the sheth for it I will send it to you so you can do so?? I will start making one tomorrow night if no one want's to do it..
David

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2009, 08:06:38 pm »
Ok getting close to being done on the knife.. If any of you guy's that are good with leather would like to make the sheth for it I will send it to you so you can do so?? I will start making one tomorrow night if no one want's to do it..
David

David....If there are no Takers......I guess I can swing a Handmade Sheath too......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2009, 10:17:36 pm »
Sounds good to me.. ;) My leather skills are well lets just say  :o :o :-[..

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2009, 05:37:28 am »
I will try and send it out next week,didn't get a chance to shoot it any this weekend. We
did get the tips and grip and string ready.Looks good.The heat and tip flip brought the weight up some and I worked it back to 54 @ 28 so it should be ready.Just want to shoot it a little.It was a little thin in the handle so Greg added a piece to it so Mullet would have something to work with.
see what yalll think. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2009, 06:33:07 am »
It's looking really good,  You guys did some fine work. I got the skins from Dana on Saturday.
Traverse City, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2009, 06:57:51 am »
Bows looking great pappy :) Ronnie don't sweat it on the Hawk no hurry as the bow still has a ways to go yet.
David glad to hear the knife is coming along and thats mighty generous of Mike to do the sheath :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2009, 07:49:11 am »
I figured that Someone Else might have wanted to get Involved with this too.....But I will be glad to whip Up a nice Veggie Tanned Sheath for it and send it and the Knife off to Pat
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2009, 07:58:30 am »
It hasn't been shot much yet, but so far the bow seems like it is going to be a really good performer! I'm impressed with its crisp action... :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2009, 03:08:52 pm »
The bow is looking great guys! Nice work.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2009, 10:55:40 pm »
The bow does look great. Thanks to everyone for everything. I may have to keep all this nice stuff for myself! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2009, 11:35:30 pm »
Here is a picture of the hide I sent to Pat B today.  He will be turning it into a quiver for the project.  This is one of the hides I did for the Tan-A-Long in the "how to" section.  This is an axis hide- they are smaller than white tails and the hide is much thinner.  I feel very fortunate to have been able to contribute to such a worthwhile project!  I suspect I may have met him at the TN Classic last year, but did not know him personally as many others on here did.  This project shows the quality of people that are involved on this website.  I'm only 28, but I can imagine this is how our ancestors would have expected everyone to behave in society.  You take care of your neighbors.  I hope Tom's son enjoys everything!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA