Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 88748 times)

Offline Woodland Roamer

Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2009, 02:08:07 pm »
Thanks everyone, but it was Shannon, Wade and Dana's points that made them look good!

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline cracker

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2009, 02:34:14 pm »
As we can ronnie, no hurry but no sense letting it idle along either. Send finished stuff to PatB
Nothing like that I just didn't want to be draggin behind. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2009, 07:55:20 pm »
If Dana wants to hang on to his Timber Rattler skins, I can come up with a copperhead or two. Maybe even a set of Timbers.
 I don't care to glue them on either.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2009, 08:13:45 pm »
Come on down,it opens the 26th here,I have 14 up and still like one or 2. :)
   Pappy

I am on my way!!!! No just kidding...but seriously....what does an Out of State Deer License cost there Pappy??
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2009, 09:11:32 pm »
  I told Dana I'd glue the on so if he is still game send them to me. actually rattlesnake skins would look better than copper heads with the skin I have for the handle.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2009, 05:37:33 am »
Around $200.00 Mike. So when yall decide let me know where to send the bow next.
I plan on working on it today and on and off over the weekend,I will keep yall posted
on how it is going. If things go bad I will send an Osage,I know it ant one of Tom's but it's the though that counts,and we for sure want him to have a good reliable bow that will last
a life time. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2009, 06:36:40 am »
Yup lets wait and see what Pappy thinks of this stave come monday, heck he may cook brats with it ;)
Thanks Shannon and eddie, rickT has also offered to apply the skins and finish it, guess the handle should be last
so maybe it can go to Rick then on to eddie for the handle and break in eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:51 pm »
  Great! Let me break it!,,,,in. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2009, 12:25:00 am »
I haven't skinned out any of the rattlers I collected this year. I better get on that and see what I have. I'm not sure I have a matched set of them, but we'll see. ;)
 If we're letting Eddie break it in, Pappy better tiller it to about 36".  Eddie draws one back past his ear. ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2009, 12:46:43 am »
if no one else has any I have some deer rawhide ready to go. All I need are some dimensions. Plus I have some nice hides ready to make some possible pouches or medicine bags out of.
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »
TJ, a possibles bag or medicine bag would be a cool addition. If you are up for it, it will be appreciated.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2009, 06:58:57 pm »
I will get started on one ASAP.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2009, 05:15:25 am »
Got it tillered out this weekend,51@28 right now. I have flipped the tips and heat treated it
and plan on tweaking the tiller in a week or so.Greg Has it now to do the tips and a little handle
work.Then I will send it on after shooting it some .It turned out very nice so far and was shot several time before the tips and heat. The wood seem pretty springy and shoot really nice. See what yall think.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2009, 06:09:40 am »
Hot diggity dog we have a bow ;D Looks great pappy and my thanks to you and Greg :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2009, 06:24:20 am »
I think it is going to be fine,I just need to do a little more checking after it re hydrates
and shoot it a little more,I want to be sure it is going to hold.I don't see any reason why
it won't but you know it is wood. I should have it finished next weekend if I don't get
to busy Killing and skinning deer. ;) ;D ;D I don't know about all Mullberry but this thing
really reacts to heat about as good as any wood I have worked with. Should be a good one and is very smooth. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good