Author Topic: Bowyers in the KC/Independence Missouri Area!  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Wildchild

Bowyers in the KC/Independence Missouri Area!
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:48:46 am »
Hello to all, me and my friend svaldrin are looking around for anyone in the KC/Independence MO area with some experience making bows who wouldnt mind teaching us, as we would like to learn how to make  our own, but have no way to learn, aside from reading (which we do quite a bit of anyway), but we were just wondering if anyone on here happened to be in our area
but if noone on here knows of anyone around are area, any places or get-togethers were we could at least get a good start that you know of would be useful, as is any help you are willing to give.
thanks to all,
         Wildchild
They may be able to take our guns...but when they do, they better beware our bows!

Independence, MO

Offline DanaM

Re: Bowyers in the KC/Independence Missouri Area!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:10:56 am »
PM Koan and/or auggie their in Missouri :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

Re: Bowyers in the KC/Independence Missouri Area!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:26:54 am »
wildchild:

you can learn on your own,i never had a teacher and i make some decent bows.
patience is the key,books help( i dont own a single one on bow making )but this website helped me
more than anything has,unlike me you live in an area where there are several great bowyers around.
so if you can hook up with one of them your learning curve will be better than mine
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd