Author Topic: Northern Community Bow  (Read 142711 times)

Offline Gordon

Re: Northern Community Bow
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 03:32:30 pm »
My wife is an artist and she does all my lettering. She could do the same for this bow if that's cool with everyone.
Gordon

jamie

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007, 03:43:20 pm »
wow step away for a couple days and everything happens. like i said before the arras could also be done in stages too. somebody can fletch, do nocks , crest, mount the points. if not i'll do it all. peace

mnewcomb59

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2007, 04:24:34 pm »
Well here is the updated list. Keenan you still want to knap points? Or did somebody else offer to do that?

[ x ]Dano - Roughing out (send to me)

[ ]Me- Tillering (send to Keenan)
Matt Newcomb
9006 Horn Road
Windham, OH

[ ]Keenan -  Skins and Overlays (also knap points? send to Gordon)

[ ]Zane - Sanding (send to Gordon)
Keith Lasseigne
545 South Silver Lake Ave
Medical Lake,  WA  99022

[ ]Gordon - Finish. (send to Ryan )

[ ]Ryan - Handle Wrap (send to wherever we decide the finished bow goes to)

The following people send their items to whoever the finished bow goes to.

[ ]Jamie - Quiver

[ ]Dane - Bowsock, Presentation Certificate

[ ]Jamie- Arrows (Shafts, Fletching,)

[ ]Keenan - Knapped Points (Also skins and overlays)

[ ]Brian and Matt - Knife  (talk about it and decide who wants to do it)

Let me know as you get each thing done so I can mark it on here.

Matt
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:20:42 pm by mnewcomb59 »

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 04:39:07 pm »
that sounds good to me.  ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Keenan

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 05:42:45 pm »
 Sounds great, Glad to be a part. How many points are we needing? If we are talking about a full dozen we might want to spit it up between a couple  people. I getting better at points but have't ventured into the arrow making much further than that.
  Gordon thanks for the vote of confidence. From a guy of your talents and skill thats humbling to here.   Keenan

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2007, 08:01:36 pm »
Wow, were really takin shape here. Matt watcha wanna do bout the knife?   
             Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2007, 01:52:38 am »
Glad to see you guys are zeroing in. Looks like ya'll got it figured out.  Looking forward to the finished product.  We(Southern) are going with 6 arrows total(I think). Some with stone points and some with field points.  If ya'll are going with any cane arrows, I have some target points that Kenneth made for cane arrows. I'll send you what you need.
   Dane, Would you make a presentation certificate for us nice southern boys down here...huh?   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dane

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2007, 07:36:02 am »
Glad to see you guys are zeroing in. Looks like ya'll got it figured out.  Looking forward to the finished product.  We(Southern) are going with 6 arrows total(I think). Some with stone points and some with field points.  If ya'll are going with any cane arrows, I have some target points that Kenneth made for cane arrows. I'll send you what you need.
   Dane, Would you make a presentation certificate for us nice southern boys down here...huh?   Pat

Sure enough, if I got your strange Southern lingo right. :)

Actually, I'm from the west coast, so I am not sure if I belong in either camp. I just happen to live up north now.

What I need, once everyone has each job decided, is the full names of each person and what they contributed.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2007, 10:53:07 am »
Thanks Dane. We will get that info to you when we are done. 

ps. we might be doing 12 arrows. No definate decision made yet.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dane

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 12:33:24 pm »
Sounds great, Pat.

I calculated warp and weft this morning, and will be warping the loom soon. Any idea what the lenth of this bow is going to be? Tip to tip, please, just around if not exact, so I don't weave the fabric too short.

Width is not as important for making the sock.

Thanks,

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

flntknp17

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 01:59:36 pm »
Sorry guys.......was gone for a couple of days at a tournament in Omaha.  I am willing to make a knapped knife with either a wood or antler handle.  If you need points for the arrows I can whip some up in short order. 

Give me a time table and what you want and I will get to work.

Matt

Offline Keenan

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 03:32:10 pm »
 Hey Matt I'd be happy to let you handle the points or we could spilt it up My schedule is starting to get stacked, but I'll cover whatever you don't want on the points.   Keenan

Offline Dano

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2007, 06:36:59 pm »
Man!!! this is coming together great. I got the bow sent off to Matt Newcomb today, it's 66" roughly 1 5/16" wide.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2007, 01:07:33 am »
You guys had a slow start but someone kicked it into low gear and off ya go!!  I'm  even enjoying seeing you Yankees doing good. 
    Them southern boys(I are one) jumped right in and blew their wad right away. Now the confusion and termoil builds as we stew in our own laziness. OH! what will we'uns do!..........in your dreams Yankee scum!!!  A bow for a bow and an arrow for an arrow!    Let the good times roll( I wish I knew the origional French)   Pat

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2007, 01:44:43 am »
What have we decided on the knife? It would seem to me if were gonna have stone arrowheads, we should have a stone knife....I dont have those skills; my son is the rocknocker in the family ;D. He's not quite to that skill level..... yet.
         Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....