Author Topic: Northern Community Bow  (Read 142797 times)

Offline Gordon

Re: Northern Community Bow
« Reply #270 on: April 07, 2007, 06:04:14 pm »
I believe that Zane has it now and is doing the sanding. I'm next in line then.
Gordon

jamie

« Reply #271 on: April 07, 2007, 06:20:26 pm »
very cool.

Zane121

« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2007, 02:18:12 am »
Fellows it just arrived at the post office today but they were closed by the time I got home.  I'll go pick it up on Monday and hope to send it to the next in line on Friday.  I'll keep you updated now that it's almost here.
keith
aka
zane

Offline Gordon

« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2007, 12:47:37 pm »
Thank you for the update Keith.
Gordon

Zane121

« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:54 pm »
Fellows finally picked up the Bow from the postoffice and its in great shape.  That container protects it real nice. 
What a piece of art.  Well done.  I'm busy this weekend so It'll be late Sunday/early next week before I get it sanded smooth.  I'll let you know when I'm ready to ship so I can get the address.

Thanks again for letting me take part.
keith out..

Zane121

« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2007, 11:12:38 pm »
Gordon its ready where to next?  Again thanks everyone for letting me see this.  Seeing and touching that bow did more for my learning than reading over 10 books on bowmaking.  Hopefully this summer I can keep working a piece I'm trying.
keith

Offline Gordon

« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2007, 02:49:40 am »
Keith, I sent you an email with my address and contact info.

Thank you for your help with this bow!

Gordon
Gordon

Zane121

« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2007, 11:26:32 pm »
Gordon sent it out on Thursday so it should be there tomorrow (Monday).  Thanks a lot for letting me sand.  I used the power sander and got everything down to just one ring...lol..ok lame joke settle down everyone....

Looking forward to seeing the finished pictures.

Again Thanks everyone
keith

Offline Gordon

« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:51 am »
I received the bow today. It's looking really good.
Gordon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2007, 01:49:47 am »
Hey guys, glad to see things are moving along. ;D  We all have lots of real( ???) stuff going on that takes priority. Just like in wood bow crafting the most important thing we can have is patience.
   Those of us going to the Tennessee Classic will get to see and hold the Southern Community Bow. My only connection, besides emotional, is the string...and a damn nice string I might add! ;D   
 I'm looking forward to not only holding and maybe shooting OUR bow but will get to actually meet a few of its creators. Did I say how nice the string was? ::) 
   There is a lot of Medicine going into these Community Bows and in the future it will pass on to the recipients. I believe this will help to promote the Primitive Archer cause.  ;)   Pat

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2007, 06:12:15 am »
I heard a rumor that this southern bow has a real purty string any truth to this rumor ;) ;D

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2007, 09:43:37 am »
I heard that too. I wonder who started that rumor?  ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2007, 01:12:18 pm »
Funny how quick gossip spreads, I head that string was pretty darn cool too. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Gordon

« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2007, 12:03:45 am »
Matt,

Can you tell me to what draw length the bow is tillered to?

Thanks.

Gordon
Gordon

Offline Gordon

« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2007, 07:00:40 pm »
I strung the bow and put it on a tree today in order to see how much it pulled and noticed a couple of problems. One limb is considerably weaker than the other which results in about 1/2" positive tiller. The other issue is that the bow somehow came in light - it pulls 43# @ 28". I can correct the tiller, but it will drop the weight below 40#.

What do you guys want to do?
Gordon