Author Topic: Northern Community Bow  (Read 142825 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Northern Community Bow
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2007, 07:08:30 am »
Looking good Matt I hope both these sets bring what they should and people know how many folks put in a lot of work to make it happen.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2007, 08:12:01 am »
jamie, i just saw a picture of the arrows you made for the last community bow (the 2-fletched ones).  awesome stuff.  do you have any more pictures of them?  can't wait to see your arrows for this one  ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2007, 08:34:48 am »

Looks like a really nice job on the tiller Matt!

Dane, us rebs are just acting nice trying to lure you yanks down south to eat some of our good southern cookin' so we can confiscate some of the beautiful bows yall make! ;D

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

mnewcomb59

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2007, 09:02:37 am »
Oops sorry I didn't see your post until just now. I didn't take any measurements except for when I first got it. This is all from memory, so bear with me. The bow is 66" tip to tip and 1.25" at the fades. The handle is about 1.75" thick. I will check and get a definite measure tonight.

Offline Dane

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2007, 11:51:00 am »

Looks like a really nice job on the tiller Matt!

Dane, us rebs are just acting nice trying to lure you yanks down south to eat some of our good southern cookin' so we can confiscate some of the beautiful bows yall make! ;D

So, Greg, the plot thickens. I guess that means Yankee bows are superior, and those pretty southern bows are really just nice wall hangers?
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Dane

« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2007, 11:51:55 am »
Oops sorry I didn't see your post until just now. I didn't take any measurements except for when I first got it. This is all from memory, so bear with me. The bow is 66" tip to tip and 1.25" at the fades. The handle is about 1.75" thick. I will check and get a definite measure tonight.

Matt, those measurements are good enough for my purposes. Thanks.

Dane

Offline Dano

« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2007, 07:04:01 pm »
Awesome tiller job Matt.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2007, 09:08:45 pm »

Dane, our reb bows do make good "wall hangers", but that's an awful waste of a good hunting bow in my opinion. What they're best suited for is providing "wall hangers" in the form of the antlered variety, not to mention freezers stuffed full of venison and other sort of meat baring critters! We just wanted some beautiful yank bows to hang on our walls for ornaments/trophies so we don't have to retire our hunting selfbows as quickly for that same purpose. ;D

Your turn... ;)
Greg

Offline Dane

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2007, 10:36:22 pm »
What can I say to top that, Greg?

This is secret stuff, so don't tell anyone, but yankees generally just go to the butcher section of the super market and get it all cut up and ready to cook, easy like. Therefore, we have lots more time to make very pretty bows. You have to be careful not to try hunting in aisle three, though - cops don't understand the art of stalking a pound of pork chops. Those things are really frisky, and if you step on a twig, you have to settle for ground round.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2007, 09:17:16 am »

Excellant response Dane! I didn't want to be to rough on you...at least not until after you get that purty bow sock made and sent to us rebs! ;D 

So how did the Desert Fox's brother end up resting in your neck of the woods? POW?
Greg

Offline Dane

« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2007, 10:23:31 am »
Thanks, Gregg. Okay for a guy who has worked 33 days in a row with no time off.

I am not sure why he ended up in Greenfield, but he was a minister in town. The local historian told me about this quite a few years back, so the details are fuzzy as to why he settled in the US, let alone iin New England. Maybe he liked maple syrup? :) The other really famous dead guy was the man who surveyed the transcontinental railroad, and up and died of fever from a clipper ship trip, after dodging grizzly bears and hostile natives, on foot every step of the way. His name eludes me this second, though. Judah, something like that.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2007, 12:04:12 pm »
  Hey guys them southern boys is allready flingin arras out of that stick they made. And they got 15 pages compared to our 10 pages of post. I'm a thinkin we need to plan a surpize  attack.   Keenan

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2007, 12:24:16 pm »

Yall just be sure to post the plans for that surprise attack, we ain't lookin'! ;D
Greg

jamie

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2007, 07:11:11 pm »
hey gentle man just touched back down on earth. been swamped. i glued up the footings about 15 minutes ago. bow looks great i'll reinforce the nocks tomorrow and have the lot of em turned down by wednesday.

tore the kitchen out of my house and had to rewire the back side of the house . thats where my shop is so it didnt have juice untill this morning. now i have to build cabinets. lol.peace

oh yeah who is mounting the points me or keenan or whoever

Offline Keenan

« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2007, 11:29:53 am »
 Hey Jamie sounding great, we could work it however. It would probably be cheaper for me to send the points to you.  Am I doing all of them and if so how many total?  Seems like I remember something being said about splitting it up 3  and 3 or something like that. But we can make it work however.  Thanks   Keenan