Author Topic: Southern Community Bow  (Read 201892 times)

Offline jignfrog

Re: Southern Community Bow
« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2007, 12:02:02 am »
hey guys

As Shannon said I have the bow and will start finishing it this weekend. I am honored to be able to help on this bow. The pictures really don't do it justice. It is a great looking bow. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Jignfrog
Bruner Missouri

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #451 on: April 13, 2007, 08:21:09 am »

Welcome aboard Ron! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #452 on: April 18, 2007, 11:31:47 pm »
Finally had a chance to work on it tonight. I have put a few coats of tru oil and will do it again tomorrow. I thought maybe you all was wondering about me. I will go over to Shannons ( he has the string for it now ) and post some pictures when I am done finishing it. Thanks again.

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #453 on: April 19, 2007, 12:04:20 pm »
How is it doing,have any of you guys shot it much,Man it really shot great when I had it.Can't wait to see some pictures. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2007, 08:56:42 am »

Yeah Pappy, I enjoyed shooting it too! That bow needs to spend some time in the woods in someones hand! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #455 on: April 20, 2007, 06:30:46 pm »

Yeah Pappy, I enjoyed shooting it too! That bow needs to spend some time in the woods in someones hand! :)

OOOOOOO, pick me pick me!!!!!

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2007, 10:06:06 am »
I am ready to start the third series of Tru oil, steel wool.tru oil etc......  I didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday. ( Bought a new ( to me ) bandsaw. ( upgrading ) Had to drive 200 miles one way to get it. But saved 300 dollars doing it so I guess it is worth it. I will work on it today and tomorrow. I will get ahold of Shannon and see when we can post some pictures. Or I can give it a shot later. No I haven't shot it. ( even though I have been tempted to string it up) I have resisted so I could spend my time finishing it. Thanks and I will keep you posted. Sorry for the late emails. Its garden time and have been tilling and getting a garden ready also. So between work and all the honey doo's I only get a few minutes a day plus I have a couple of other projects ( bow's) I have been working on also. See ya.

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2007, 02:48:35 pm »
I thought you guys might want to see the arrows.  Pat haft-ed the points and sent them to me. I added buffalo horn reinforced nocks and fletched them. I put turkey feathers on the hunting arrows, and goose feathers from Kenneth on the practice arrows. The shafts are buffalo nut, silky dogwood, privet, and sourwood.  They have no finish on them, so if anyone wants to finish them this is your last chance to speak up before I do it.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2007, 02:51:31 pm »
........Nice work Justin. Are feathers glued(hide glue) to shafts ?...........bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2007, 03:04:29 pm »
Yes Bob, hide glue.  I cut the feathers with a shard of obsidian too. (actually several shards) The cuts aren't perfect, but all in all I would say it worked pretty good. Don't tell anyone I used super glue on the horn inserts though. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2007, 03:14:25 pm »
Just in case nobody remembers the stone points are from Cowboy. Justin any surprises with the hardwood shoot arrows? You did a nice job with the nocks and fletching.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2007, 03:29:15 pm »
No surprises, I like them.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #462 on: April 26, 2007, 07:19:54 pm »
Nice job guys someone is gonna be lucky to get em.

danaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #463 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:43 pm »
TOO COOL!!!!

Offline RG

« Reply #464 on: April 26, 2007, 11:06:46 pm »
Nice job Justin