Author Topic: Southern Community Bow  (Read 201902 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Southern Community Bow
« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2007, 10:34:55 pm »

I strongly agree with my whole entire being with what Bob said! ;D

I know what I'm talking about on this one believe me, I have one of those factory jobs! ;)

Who was it that said in one of the recent strings that the most of us were born a couple of hundred years to late? I think he nailed it...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline jpitts

« Reply #436 on: March 30, 2007, 12:48:25 am »
Amen Greg and Bob.......besides....down here in JawJa we have Mill's...cotton Mill...saw Mill....just Mill's   ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #437 on: March 30, 2007, 02:05:43 am »
....Further in Jawja also have "somma Teeth"--------------some are here some are there-wait a minute I'm not in jawja ! ;D ;D..bob

Offline Dane

« Reply #438 on: March 30, 2007, 05:02:09 pm »
    Dane.........PLeeease, there is NO value to trudging to work to tend you factory job each day. Just sometin' you yankees have bought into ;D......bob

Maybe so. I only had one actual factory job, for one week. Believe it or not, what I did was stand in this cold room and watch vegeterian hot dogs (they made no-meat products, veggie fake bugers and other weird stuff you could not pay me enough to eat) shoot out of this extruding machine and into this big tub. They flew out of this very fast, and what I had to do for 8 hours a day was toss the hot dogs that were damaged by the machine into another bin, so it could be put back in the gigantic vat of stuff and be re-extruded.

I thought I was going to go insane, and thankfully, left before I got sucked into that machine. I suspect I would have tasted better, though. :)
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #439 on: March 30, 2007, 07:18:44 pm »
  Man the work you guy's are doing is so good it brings a tear to the eye of a good Southern Boy,and probally one of the last born and bred cracker's left in Florida. The rest moved to North Carolina and the new ones Habla Espanola.Ya'll doing real good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jpitts

« Reply #440 on: April 05, 2007, 05:33:23 pm »
Bob, thankfully I can't be accused of being a "toothless " wonder    ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #441 on: April 09, 2007, 02:19:47 pm »
So, what's happening? I've lost track of where the bow is and what all else is going on... :)
Greg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #442 on: April 09, 2007, 02:52:31 pm »
I have a string ready to send to Shannon. After looking back a few posts I see I should have already sent it.  :o  I'll get it out today.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bullcreekboy

« Reply #443 on: April 09, 2007, 03:31:28 pm »
Guys I apologize for being so slow lately. :-[ I have been spending all of my time either working or keeping my framers on track. Plus I had the Easter weekend family thing thrown in as well. I will try to start putting the finish on later this week. Again I am sorry for the delays. If I don't get some free time later this week I may pass the bow on to JigNFrog. He posts on here sometimes and is one of the guys that got me starting building bows. 

Dustybaer

« Reply #444 on: April 09, 2007, 06:08:37 pm »
i might as well join in on the apologies.  my progress was slowed by some "honey do's".  i've finished the cup and am currently working on the gripper. next would be the inserts for the cup and attaching everything to the stiffener. last but not least will be the second part of the strap and that's it.  ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2007, 08:27:19 am »
No need for apologies guys, life tends to get in the way of what we'd rather be doing sometimes. I had just loss track of what was happening and thought we could use an update... :)
Greg

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2007, 02:12:09 am »
I'm not going to apologize. I have broken enough wood lately that I decided I better not pick up the arrows to work on them.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

bullcreekboy

« Reply #447 on: April 12, 2007, 09:31:37 pm »
Hey guys I passed the bow along to Jig-N-Frog. He came by tonight and got it. He is going to put the finish on it. I told him to keep us posted.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #448 on: April 12, 2007, 10:58:48 pm »

Sounds good Shannon...how's your house progressing? :)
Greg

bullcreekboy

« Reply #449 on: April 12, 2007, 11:25:42 pm »
It is starting to go better. The framers should have it dried in by the end of next week. It has been a struggle trying to juggle a full time job, family life, and playing the role of general contractor on our new house. Some days I wish I wasn't such a tight wad and would have paid someone else to be the general contractor. If it wasn't for my brother being a home builder and helping me out I am sure it would be going a lot worse. LOL. I wish I would have had more free time to finish the bow but I figured it would be better to get Ron involved in this that way we had one more person to add to the community.