Author Topic: Southern Community Bow  (Read 201895 times)

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Southern Community Bow
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2007, 09:51:22 pm »
  Oh yeah, thx Eddie --Taal-holelke, tree rats and rattler and mudbugs for sure..dinners on' greg !..................................bob

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2007, 11:10:18 pm »

Okay Mullet, you're invited for dinner too! ;D Potluck of course!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2007, 11:16:40 pm »
.Tiller--I'll take the geoduck- you can have the bananna slugs !.......bob

Offline Dane

« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2007, 10:56:35 am »
Aren't geoducks and bananna slugs a Seattle thing? I used to live there, and you had to be careful about the slugs. One guy was out jogging, and slipped on one and broke his leg.

I think you rebs are just pulling our legs - no one can eat all that stuff, can they?

Greg, thanks. I have selected the wool for your sock, and guess what color I am using?

Envelop, please - indigo!

Thank you very much.

I will be trimming it with gray, don't worry.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:24 pm »
  Dane......Not only can we but we do.Taal-holelke is wswa

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2007, 09:52:44 pm »
  Dane...............kiddin'aside.Taal-holelke is swamp cabbage, you know it as hearts of palm. Ramps are like scallions, a tad more pungent. Creasies are mustard greens like you eat in salad greens. Blackstrap molasses you know. Sofkee is wild rice cooked in cane syrup or "lil sweetins"(molasses). Tree rats are squirrels, good eatin in stew or broiled. Rattlesnake and turtle are very expensive gourmet foods today.Garfish is delicious broiled over a fire as is sho-ke(wild hawg-pork). Livermush and sousse meat you would have to get used to as well as poke berry greens. Catfish battered and fried is delicious, a popular sunday church supper. One we didn't mention and is good fare down here in fla is as Eddie(mullet) would say" armoredgorilla"-armadillo-"dillo" meat broiled is tasty. RC co-cooler you know as well as moon pies. Think I'll let you wonder about "ditch lizard backstrap and jaw meat" and mud bugs. mmm--mmm--dinners on !.........bob

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2007, 10:34:55 pm »

Sounds good Dane! I'm not worrying...sure it will be much better quality then our tater sack sock would have been. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2007, 11:38:44 am »
Thanks to Mullet for snapping me to reality when I posted , in the Friendship Bow forum, about the statis of the arrows for the Southern Community Bow.
    Since then, I have had a little set back. I recieved the beautiful stone heads from Cowboy and the other evening I hafted 3 heads to 3 arrow shafts of differant materials...sourwood, privet and buffalo nut(I will also have simular arrow shoots for target practice). I was doing a bit of tuning yesterday on the sourwood shaft and I heard a "click". Well, after working with shoots for arrows for a few years now, I recognised that "click" as not being good. To make a long story short, I found the crack and after removing the head, I made kindling out of the shaft. I have plenty of other shoots to work with but I'll have to start from scratch on this arrow.
  So guys, forgive me for barging in on the "Primitive Food Network" (LOL)...and now a word from our sponcers!    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2007, 11:53:02 am »
Got the bow finished yesterday and GregB got the sanding done,I will have pic. Monday morning.Turned out 64 n-n
53@28 Shot nice.It had 1/4 backset after shooting and 3/4 after 30 min. rest.1 3/4 last night .so I think it will be fine.
I think it goes to skeeterbate next but I ant sure,If anyone knows for sure let me know and give me the address.
I will send it on next week.Between the friendship bow and this I am getting mixed up on who is doing what. :)
I have a nice tube to send it in so if you just cut the tape and slide the tube apart it will last through the whole Thing.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dane

« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2007, 05:56:11 pm »
  Dane...............kiddin'aside.Taal-holelke is swamp cabbage, you know it as hearts of palm. Ramps are like scallions, a tad more pungent. Creasies are mustard greens like you eat in salad greens. Blackstrap molasses you know. Sofkee is wild rice cooked in cane syrup or "lil sweetins"(molasses). Tree rats are squirrels, good eatin in stew or broiled. Rattlesnake and turtle are very expensive gourmet foods today.Garfish is delicious broiled over a fire as is sho-ke(wild hawg-pork). Livermush and sousse meat you would have to get used to as well as poke berry greens. Catfish battered and fried is delicious, a popular sunday church supper. One we didn't mention and is good fare down here in fla is as Eddie(mullet) would say" armoredgorilla"-armadillo-"dillo" meat broiled is tasty. RC co-cooler you know as well as moon pies. Think I'll let you wonder about "ditch lizard backstrap and jaw meat" and mud bugs. mmm--mmm--dinners on !.........bob

Sir, thanks for the translation. You southern boys are, it seems, a bit more intellectual than you give on, with one of you uisng Latin. We can't uinderstand you ever more.

Gregg, thanks. I will do my very best with the sock.

Oh, and for all of you, I just had my first slice of sweet potaote pie a few minutes ago. Mmmm...my wife and I are thinking of just moving down south, now. It was fantastic.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2007, 06:36:37 pm »
Them sweet tater pies are so good they will make you slap your gramdma!    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2007, 06:40:53 pm »
Pappy, I do get the bow now for the tips, I will PM the addy.

I may have a bit of trouble working on it though, it seems everytime I sit down here to catch up on the progress, I get hungry and have to go eat. ::)

Do we know yet what skins will be on the bow???

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2007, 08:13:51 pm »
..Pat ................."slap yore grandma".........Iam shocked dude !....ha-ha-ha-ha.....Made my day.ha-ha-ah-ah.....bob

bullcreekboy

« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2007, 12:07:40 am »
Skeaterbait,
It will have sturgeon skin on it. Here is a picture of the skin. Take a look at JD Duff's Cascara bow that was August bow of the month. That is what they look like with a finish on them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:00 am »
Well here it is,It is 53@28.64 or so n-n.1/4 backset after shootin and first unstrung and 3/4 after 30 min.about 1 3/4 after a couple hr.'s.It shoots great.I will send it on early this week.Here are some pictures.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good